Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks-Lock

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

LoLth wrote: »
    thing is, if it was an ability to write to a thread that was locked (adding thanks) because it exists outside of the posting permissions would having this open expose the database to vulnerability? Does the act of adding a thanks actually modify the database record at all?

I'm not a database person hence the question mark :)
    I think if it exposed a vulnerability of some sort we'd probably have been the victim of it long ago to be honest.

It does bother me a bit that posts can be effective "modified" by users long, long after they have become a part of history (which is a difference issue to the locking, but related). It changes that whole "snapshot of history" effect. There is some potential issues arising for potential "caching" plans in the future, but mostly my concerns are around the erosion of the snapshot effect that people like.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Hey it's back!
    Wahey.
    Thank you!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Quick, somebody lock the thread!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Now that it's back we don't want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Lord ButterSlip

Thanks in a Locked thread = Good. Now please lock this thread so we can thank the person for doing this and things will have taken there course.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 tomhappens

Cool! Some of the bad posts can be very funny. It is not always a case of give someone else the finger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

5starpool wrote: »
    I also liked the feature where you could look at the list of most thanked posters too, but that is gone as well.

but even the dull and ignorant,They too have their story................Desiderata!

THAED please stop making sense!:p:)

But you were number 1.
    I should know.
    I was 2nd.
    Now who knows where I am.
    :(
    It was my reason for living.

Lol :)

Ross wrote: »
    100? really? It's amazing the sort of cargo cult stuff that develops around software design decisions.

I imagine disabling on infracted posts would be tricky alright. It's not a big deal to change the behaviour, I just failed to consider all aspects, which I tend to do with stuff occasionally. Alas, you're stuck with me for now!

Some people seem to take these things as a personal offence, which is unfortunate. Unless they're the passive aggressive trolls of course, in which case, its purpose has been served :)

Ross starting a Troll or what?:p

I'm deeply offended;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Would it be possible to let people know before 'fixing' things on this site all the time? Like a heads up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

Tallon wrote: »
    Would it be possible to let people know before 'fixing' things on this site all the time? Like a heads up?
    Sorry, not really practical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Wexguy

I am a a fairly new member on boards and i cant thank any posts.. does any1 know why this is? im def logged in and all..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I think you need to make 10 posts before you can thank others :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

You need to have a minimum of 20 or 25 or maybe it's 15 posts before you can thank. I'm not sure of the number but it's between 15 and 25 anyway :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

10 posts, definitely 10 posts.

/rainman

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Wexguy

cool thanks guys, i may start posting so!! :)

Advertisement