Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2010 *SPOILERS*

Options
  • 20-01-2010 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I know what is coming up in certain exams. Don't ask how, just know that I do. What I know thus far is that the English (Higher Level) poets are: Eavan Boland, Michael Longley, Patrick Kavanagh and W.B Yeats along with the comparative which is both General Vision and Viewepoint and Literary Genre. Also, you should look at "King Lear's journey throughout the play". In French (Higher Level), have something prepared on "La Recession".

Delete this thread if I'm out of order with disclosing this content. (MODS)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Shane Slv

Don't think this is a smart idea. Especially after what happened to the english paper last year :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AxlRose1992

Chiefzero wrote: »
    I know what is coming up in certain exams. Don't ask how, just know that I do. What I know thus far is that the English (Higher Level) poets are: Eavan Boland, Michael Longley, Patrick Kavanagh and W.B Yeats along with the comparative which is both General Vision and Viewepoint and Literary Genre. Also, you should look at "King Lear's journey throughout the play". In French (Higher Level), have something prepared on "La Recession".

You don't "know". You're just taking an educated guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Chiefzero

You don't "know". You're just taking an educated guess.

Haha! They will all come up. When they do, we shall come back to this thread.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Disclose what you want, but the SEC might have an interest in how you 'know' these things, if it's not BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I'd love if you were right :) I've only done 4 poets and three of them are here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I'm sure the SEC get alot of this every year, but if you happen to be 100% correct, then you might get some undue attention from them...

spurious wrote: »
    Disclose what you want, but the SEC might have an interest in how you 'know' these things, if it's not BS.

SEC can suck my gonads. We shall call it BS then. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

SEC can suck my gonads. We shall call it BS then. ;)
    You're a fool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 knwaca

I'm holding you to Longley appearing! happen to 'know' what the Grapes of Wrath question is? :rolleyes:

theowen wrote: »
    You're a fool.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

Haha, gotta admire you Chiefzero!

You simultaneously managed to piss off the easily offended people while also making everyone think twice about the bs factor! Love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Mary007

How can you know when there are like 3 mock paper companies?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Mary007 wrote: »
    How can you know when there are like 3 mock paper companies?

Didn't he say Leaving Cert? Not mocks?

Reillyman wrote: »
    Haha, gotta admire you Chiefzero!

You simultaneously managed to piss off the easily offended people while also making everyone think twice about the bs factor! Love it!

Ha! Cheers lad! Just trying to help people out but I figured I would get the whole "FAKE AND GAY" reply. Seriously though it's BS. The smart people should study what I have just put up while the doubters and crybabys should study the rest i.e - C.C, TS Elliot etc etc.

Yes, yes I did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Mary007

Sorry, my bad! Saw this post in the Mocks thread and just figured he was on about the mocks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Ha! Cheers lad! Just trying to help people out but I figured I would get the whole "FAKE AND GAY" reply. Seriously though it's BS. The smart people should study what I have just put up while the doubters and crybabys should study the rest i.e - C.C, TS Elliot etc etc.
    You were trying to help people out by lying about what's actually on the English paper? Lulz.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I really can't see why anyone would study him! I hate his poetry so much, maybe cause I didn't really pay attention and it was a small bit hard. i know his poems and what they mean but christ I hate him.

Response to your OP, I would study Yeats and Boland in anyways, and Vision and Viewpoint and hope for the best:D

jumpguy wrote: »
    You were trying to help people out by lying about what's actually on the English paper? Lulz.

Read between the lines. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

This reminds me of that idiot who came on boards and said he cheated in all his leaving cert exams.

.... because disclosing what is on a state exam is never out of order...

quality troll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Keogg

They all seem like fairly educated guesses, I mean, my English teacher thinks that Boland will come up, and we're doing Yeats now.
    As for the French and 'La Recession', that's a fairly likely probability, and I'm almost definite there's bound to be something on the Recession for Irish (Honours), whether its an essay or a reading comprehension I don't know, but I'd certainly advise going over that vocab:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

I know what is coming up in certain exams. Don't ask how, just know that I do.

Well I'm going to be a complete rebel now but how exactly do you know? Are you just predicting or do you have people on the inside?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

That'd be lovely if it was true! Unfortunately the SEC will probably see this and use the contingency paper if it is.

This reminds me of that idiot who came on boards and said he cheated in all his leaving cert exams.

.... because disclosing what is on a state exam is never out of order...

quality troll.

woah...chill out internet police. If you wan't to get anywhere in this life, you'll learn to lie, cheat and steal every possible chance you will get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Feeky Magee

Are you saying for sure that the King Lear question is on his journey throughout the play? Also, can I be cheeky and ask how you know this?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Now we know what to do with all the extra salt the co. councils bought in for the snow just before it melted ... this advice should be taken with a liberal dose of it!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement