Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming pc

Options
  • 20-01-2010 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

RHJ wrote: »

1) 650 Watts is more than enough

2) If your not using the HT offered by the i7,then i5 will do just as well

3) Should be able to run FSX no problem

4) I'd swap to the Samsung F3,and only get a bigger one if you need the space

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

1) id go for a 750W if it was me buying as the i7 D0 will consume 240W on full load at 4Ghz, prob talking 550W usage with the 5850( especially if you overvolt the 5850, 5850 on full load with no overclocking consumes 150W ) and the rest of the system. PSUs degrade by approx 10% of max performance after a year.

2)Debatable, i5's are great in general but not so great with dual cards due to the x8 PCIE, if you dont think you need that and the savings are good go i5.

3) Yes, definately

4) Yes definately, a 1Tb drive is only around 100euro
    youll save nearly 200 sterling by picking D0, ram yourself and Asus P6T. Also the i7 930 will be out in the next week or so, it should be a great chip and if anything it will drive down the price of the 920.

What CPU cooler are you thinking of? the best at the moment for i7 is the Noctua NH-D14

If you plan on overclocking the 5850 get an Asus one, its warranty covers overvolting.

And you can get a Windows 7 key for 20 euro on ebay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

For €1500 you can get something really awesome! Here's what I'd do with €1500. Also case is alot to do with personal choice, full tower is always better but just find something you're gonna like to look at since you'll be seeing it for along time :)

Untitled-33.jpg

Comes to approx €1450 delivered. That's on Komplett too, so look around maybe it's cheaper elsewhere.

You could also change the cooler to the Mugen 2 Rev B or whatever it's called, it supports the 1156 socket.

Also maybe go with a UD3 mobo, one that has USB 3.0 and 6GBS sata.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭swirlser

Ive actually just ordered a Socket 1156 build and to my surprise OCUK was the most expensive site.

I was looking at Scan to see what a
    pre-built S1156 would cost and figured I would check what it would work out at if I was to replicate it on some of the various PC shop sites. An i7-860/5870 /w sound/wireless/2xF3's etc. worked out at €1,759.

OCUK €1,741
    Komplett €1,737
    eBuyer €1,632
    barginshmargin.edu.org €1,607
    Pixmania €1,521

(As identical as possible, incl VAT ex delivery)

Pix came out cheapest, thanks to a few items on sale, incl a reasonably priced 5870. The catch with Pixmania is you need to be sure everything your ordering is coming from them, otherwise you get shafted with delivery charges. I bought 2/3's of the machine from them and picking rest up from Komplett tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

RHJ wrote: »

That build looks solid,enjoy it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

I'd second that.. seem's like a good build :)

Advertisement