Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Erase - Is it available here

Options
  • 20-01-2010 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I heard of a treatment called tattoo erase. it is a new way of removing tatoos. Has anyone come across this method and how it works. Is there anywhere in Ireland that does this. Also how much ???????

Any input would be great cheers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

There was somewhere, but they shut up shop while a load of people were mid-treatment. From what I've seen, it had mixed results, some looked like they were fading a good bit, others looked dodgy and like there may be scarring.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Future 2050

oh - so the way to do it is still laser ????? does this cause uch scarring

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yeah lasering can cause scarring and is very painful aswell. Bear in mind that any form of tattoo removal is not 100% guaranteed to remove the tat completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 boa_constrictor

Yeah I was getting that tattoo erase done and they did indeed shut up shop mid-treatment. The girl they had trained to do it left suddenly (not sure of the circumstances) and rather than train someone else in the were getting a guy from a UK shop to fly over every few weeks, but now even that has stopped. It was Metal Morphosis in Temple Bar that was offering it. I have to say I was happy with the results until it stopped, and experienced no scarring. My tattoo was tiny though, about 1 inch squared, and although they told me it'd need 4 sessions max, I ended up having about 10 and still was only halfway through removal, so I really can't see it working for anything bigger though they claim it does. Anyway, they still offer it in the UK if that's viable for you, and if your tattoo isn't too big. I wouldn't recommend lasering, the scarring can be awful. Have you considered a cover-up? That's what I ended up doing and I'm very happy with it, wish I'd done it in the first place!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Future 2050

When you say cover up you mean a tatoo which I like over the one I have is it. or do you mean something else by a cover up ????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭jippers87

Hey guys.

I´m not sure about Ireland, but in Spain they have developed a great method of removing tattoos.

They use some sort of paste that works like a magnet on your tattoo, drawing the ink out. I think it takes about 5 or 6 sessions to remove it totally.

I will be able to find out the name of the system in a few days and will post again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭jippers87

When you say cover up you mean a tatoo which I like over the one I have is it. or do you mean something else by a cover up ????

Yep, it´s literally where you have another tattoo put on top of your existing tatt :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 boa_constrictor

Yeah exactly, I just got something I liked over it in the end. Not helpful if you don't like the location of your tattoo or don't like the idea of having a tattoo at all, but if you just don't like the one you have it could be an option :)

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

there is a place in Arklow that does it ,just know if from hearing the ads on the radio, so no idea what it's like

http://www.celtclanink.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭baz_ctr

is there not a new way of getting them removed? by injecting some sort of liquid into the area of the tattoo, it's basically like when you got the tattoo the needle repeatly covers the area with this liquid

• Advertisement
Advertisement