Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK/Irish chocolate on sale in Coles!

Options
  • 20-01-2010 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭

Lads, I work in Sydney CBD and they are selling Wispa Gold for $1.89
    They have a label on it saying imported from UK, from coles food group.

I picked mine up at Coles Wynard station, not sure where else is selling them!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Just reminds me. Dunno if anyone knows this, but the Coles at Kings Cross has a UK section with HP sauce, Weetabix, Tetley tea etc. Has an American, German and Dutch section too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

m@cc@ wrote: »
    Just reminds me. Dunno if anyone knows this, but the Coles at Kings Cross has a UK section with HP sauce, Weetabix, Tetley tea etc. Has an American, German and Dutch section too.

/runs off to get HP brown sauce

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jaarius

hussey wrote: »
    Lads, I work in Sydney CBD and they are selling Wispa Gold for $1.89
    They have a label on it saying imported from UK, from coles food group.

I picked mine up at Coles Wynard station, not sure where else is selling them!

I saw that the other day in Coles in Broadway (Syd). I'll probably pick some up over the weekend.

They have Helmans mayo as well. So good.

j

jaarius wrote: »

j

This statement and your username would lead me to believe that you're Dutch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

They have Helmans mayo as well.

:eek: the mayonaise here just isn't the same!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

:eek: the mayonaise here just isn't the same!

Yeah its too sweet.

Looks like jizz too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

Yeah its too sweet.

Looks like jizz too.

ha! :D

the Praise whole egg mayo is better than the regular one. Less jizz like!

WTF it it with aussies and salt and sugar anyways?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,355 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I saw that the other day in Coles in Broadway (Syd). I'll probably pick some up over the weekend.

j
    It's not the same Helmans as home, its better than other aussie mayo though.

Every Coles has one of those sections. At least any of the 4 or 5 i've shopped in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Apparently one of the new head guys in Coles is apparently English which is why more English products are popping up.

Doc wrote: »
    Apparently one of the new head guys in Coles is apparently English which is why more English products are popping up.

There's something about Coles which makes me think they're somehow linked to Tescos. The decor and layout feels similar. Plus those self-service machines are exactly the same.

• Advertisement

There's something about Coles which makes me think they're somehow linked to Tescos. The decor and layout feels similar. Plus those self-service machines are exactly the same.

Coles are owned by wesfarmers (kmart, target, officeworks, bi-lo, bunnings, liquorland, vintage cellars ...), you'll probably find they all use the supermarket 101 rules as tesco do, i.e. fruit and veg first thing you see, milk down the back with bread, specials near the tills!

I wish they would introduce more of those self service places :(

maybe this has something to do with it - smart move Mr Coles
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/west_midlands/7669850.stm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

hussey wrote: »
    ...milk down the back with bread...

Bread is always near the front as the smell of bread makes you hungry and you buy more when you’re hungry. Milk is at the back because when you pop in for some milk you have to pass all the other stuff you might decide you want on the way to get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

If anyone in NZ happens to be in Masterson the pak n save there has a large selection of uk products, by the deli. I was very excited when I stumbled across it. There a big shelf against the wall and 4 units in front of it. Best selection I've seen anywhere in NZ and at very reasonable prices (i.e. half the price of the dedicated UK produce shops in Welington)

Advertisement