Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I know it is a cliche, but.... (baby name tattoo)

Options
  • 20-01-2010 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭

Hi, first time poster to this forum.

My wife recently had twins (about a week ago!).

I'd like to get a tattoo including their names or initials, and maybe their mother's name / initial.

I know it's cheezy, but I've been waiting a long time for these kids and I've wanted a tat for a long time.

Requirement;
    - not visible in a long sleeve unbuttoned shirt / long trousers
    - preferably not a picture of the babies or animal or anything
    - preferably text, script, etc
    - preferably monochrome

All help genuinely appreciated.

Initials are J (son) B (daughter) and R (wife).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

3DataModem wrote: »
    Hi, first time poster to this forum.

My wife recently had twins (about a week ago!).

I'd like to get a tattoo including their names or initials, and maybe their mother's name / initial.

I know it's cheezy, but I've been waiting a long time for these kids and I've wanted a tat for a long time.

Requirement;
    - not visible in a long sleeve unbuttoned shirt / long trousers
    - preferably not a picture of the babies or animal or anything
    - preferably text, script, etc
    - preferably monochrome

All help genuinely appreciated.

Initials are J (son) B (daughter) and R (wife).

so basically you want JBR in black script. what else can we help you with? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Simple script like that could look well as an ambigram, something a bit different than plain text. Plenty of free ambigram generators online to try to see if you like the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,971 ✭✭✭furiousox

I have my kids names tattooed on my upper arm.....never regretted having it done (obviously)
    The kids like it too, now that they're old enough to notice.
    I did have their DOB's tattooed as well but in hindsight I'd say names are fine on their own, don't bother with DOBs.
    If its your first tattoo its a good one to go for as you'll never regret having your children's names on your skin forever whereas you might regret that rose with 'mum' on your forearm sooner than you think! ;)

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

furiousox wrote: »
    I have my kids names tattooed on my upper arm.....never regretted having it done (obviously)
    The kids like it too, now that they're old enough to notice.
    I did have their DOB's tattooed as well but in hindsight I'd say names are fine on their own, don't bother with DOBs.
    If its your first tattoo its a good one to go for as you'll never regret having your children's names on your skin forever whereas you might regret that rose with 'mum' on your forearm sooner than you think! ;)

eh? surely the mum tattoo would be a near identical statement? you jst threw that in there as an example of what you think is a standard tattoo, which you have cleverly transcended....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,971 ✭✭✭furiousox

I meant the location of the tattoo more than the wording.
    Upper arm would be a good location for a first, forearm wouldn't...imo.

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭gmonov1

i remember seeing someone before got their sons name on his chest, got the son to write it on and tattooed straight on top of it, i thought it looked really well. obviously your kids are too young to write their name now but if you say you've been waiting really long time you may as well keep waiting and get something really nice

Advertisement