Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So long Lloyd and thanks for all the fish. Mod Note Post #1

• 21-01-2010 12:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭

[MOD NOTE]

Feel free to discuss LLoyd and his contribution but not the manner of his departure. People will be taking a rest from the forum if they do not follow this guideline.

[/MOD NOTE]

LuckyLloyd won't be around here anymore lads.

On behalf of the forum i'd like to extend a big thankyou to Lloyd for the thankless task of moderating this place.

We're a tough bunch of kids to control at the best of times and along with his other duties of mod in the poker forum, and the NFL forum he gave up a lot of his free time so that we have a better place to exchage views.

I've had the pleasure of meeting Lloyd on a couple of occasions through poker and you could not wish to meet a nicer guy.
    I am genuinely sorry we won't see him around here anymore, and wish him all the best in whatever fills up all of the newly found free time.

Some details here in helpdesk. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055804882

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Big loss to this forum. Top poster. G'luck and stuff. Thanks for modding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Man, I found the perfect picture to go with this thread.

But I will probably be perma banned for posting.

So I'll just say Ciao.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

ntlbell wrote: »
    Man, I found the perfect picture to go with this thread.

But I will probably be perma banned for posting.

So I'll just say Ciao.

Not Roy and Alfie along with "That" quote from his book. :confused::mad:

I am not Roy btw :)

Sorry to see you go. There are not many well thought out posters here and now there is one less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Just to be clear, and without wanting to be too blunt about it, but this thread isn't the place to discuss the decision or reasoning behind the decision etc. Thanks.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Wait, is he leaving or just removed as mod?

Always regarded him as a fair mod and a great contributer to the forum.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Wait, is he leaving or just removed as mod?

Either way, seems very harsh to remove him just for that thread imo.

Always regarded him as a fair mod and a great contributer to the forum.

Lloyd has stated in he'll be leaving the forum in all capacities, which is a shame, but understandable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

It's a big loss as he was top poster. Good luck Lloyd, from a fellow 'pool fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Always liked him as a poster, best of luck man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Iago wrote: »
    Just to be clear, and without wanting to be too blunt about it, but this thread isn't the place to discuss the decision or reasoning behind the decision etc. Thanks.

Where is it? People cant post in helpdesk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Aww, that sucks. Good poster and mod, will very much be missed.

Feedback thread perhaps? How would the mods feel about that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I couldn't be arsed to read the whole of the link, but from the start i get that Lloyd was accused of trolling a forum he was meant to be modding.

I don't know if that forum was football and i don't know if the fact he will not be in this soccer forum again is his choice or not, but it's a poorer place without him.

Lloyd is one of those posters who always make great points, whether for or against. If he has decided not to post on this forum again, that is this forum's loss. If he has been banned from this forum, not only is it a loss, it's a farce!!!

Someone please sort this sh!t out! Cos this forum keeps getting worse and worse and worse with the loss of great posters!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

the best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

nuxxx wrote: »
    Where is it? People cant post in helpdesk.

if you want to discuss it start a feedback thread

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

What? Why? He's the best, Around! Nothing's gonna ever keep him down. He's the Best!,Around! Nothing's gonna ever keep him down. He's the Best! Around!
    Nothing's gonna ever keep him dow-ow-ow-ow-own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Feedback thread perhaps? How would the mods feel about that?

Nothing we can do about it once it's not in Soccer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Seems like the whole situation stinks to high heaven.

Good luck to loyd anyway, hopefully tonights result cheered him up a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Long time lurker around these parts but always found Lloyd to be one of the more fair minded posters and mod's around here.

thanks for all your work Lloyd - YNWA!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

A great shame and a big loss to the soccer forum.:mad:

Hope you come back at least as a poster Lloyd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Really feel for the guy. I always made a point of reading his posts in the Soccer and Americam Football forums. Such a shame to lose a 16,000 post poster from the place.

Hope Liverpools flukey victory tonight cheered him up :)

thread open in feedback if anyone wants to add anything to it, but as has been said, please keep it civil or it benefits noone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

And there goes another good poster.

kryogen wrote: »
    thread open in feedback if anyone wants to add anything to it, but as has been said, please keep it civil or it benefits noone

Locked after 1 post unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Locked after 1 post unfortunately

Obviously feel that they have something to be embarrassed about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I got the impression that he was getting a bit fed up with his mod responsibilities. I think he even made note of this in the soccer feedback thread a few months back. Can't say I blame him for that as I imagine this board is one of the most stressful to moderate on Boards.

I do think however he went a bit OTT in some threads. Still respect what he contributed to the forum though, particularly the soccer draft thread which was one of my favourite times on the forum. Good luck to him.

Just opened a thread on the fundamental procedure behind demodding which, not being tied to one case but the process itself, should prove harder to legitimately ignore.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055806398

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Obviously feel that they have something to be embarrassed about.

Comments like this do not make anything any easier for either party.

If there is to be no feedback on this to be had in the place where feedback belongs then there can certainly be no discussion about it here.

Please keep this civil and do not go around attacking willy nilly.

For my part I am quite disappointed that LLoyd is not around. He has a level head (sometimes) is a clever lad and was a real boon to both the mod team and the soccer forum as a whole. He will be sorely missed.

Feel free to discuss LLoyd and his contribution but not the manner of his departure. People will be taking a rest from the forum if they do not follow this guideline.

Oh and BTW, I am not leaving (despite the thread title), I am sure that will disappoint some people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Lloyd's posting style rubbed me the wrong way too on a few occasions, so I can see why this would happen. Without going into it, I think it's an overreaction from all sides and hopefully a bit of time and perspective will sort it out.

Soccer moderating is of course a very thankless job so I now take the opportunity to say thanks to Lloyd and wish him the best whatever happens.

In_tuition wrote: »
    What has this got to do with soccer? :confused:

Note: My 3rd time asking, previous 2 posts deleted for no apparent reason...

Its often the way with a new mod or when one leaves.

Please welcome new mod blah blah blah
    I'd like to thank the departing mod blah blah blah.

You don't have to read it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

In_tuition wrote: »
    I'm well aware I don't have to read so apart from your childish remark, thank you very much for the explanation jaykay74.

I thought non-soccer chat was forcefully prohibited on here.

You thought wrong.

Nice of you to include your own childish remark in your post too, nice to see balance:pac:

I am off to bed, I hope I can trust ye all enough that I will not see a train wreck here when I wake up.
    I am generally quite grumpy in the morning, not a great time to get a ban ;)

• Advertisement

Would be great to see a soccer mod team show of support, if yee support, or have the balls.

I am off to bed, I hope I can trust ye all enough that I will not see a train wreck here when I wake up.
    I am generally quite grumpy in the morning, not a great time to get a ban ;)

FREEEEEE GAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!

mayordenis wrote: »
    Would be great to see a soccer mod team show of support, if yee support, or have the balls.

I think thats unfair, why should the soccer forum lose out more than it already has? It's the soccer forum mods who care about the soccer forum and it's users, the admins couldn't care less.

I'm sure this will be the last straw or the next to last straw for a number of mods, but boards isn't the admins it's the users. We'd all do well to remember that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Thanks and goodbye.

I'll never forget you, Floyd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Thats their decision tbh, poor form of you to try and put them in such a no-win position.

copacetic wrote: »
    I think thats unfair, why should the soccer forum lose out more than it already has? It's the soccer forum mods who care about the soccer forum and it's users, the admins couldn't care less.

I'm sure this will be the last straw or the next to last straw for a number of mods, but boards isn't the admins it's the users. We'd all do well to remember that.

I don't see how the soccer forum would lose out? All I was saying is that if say the Soccer mods support Lloyd on this they shouldn't fear the Admin's decision and should instead voice their discontent, of course this is only my opinion and maybe the mods have no interest or simply think it's stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

It's been mentioned many times before but LuckyLloyd really has been one of the outstanding contributors to this forum, both as a moderator and as a poster, perhaps as evidenced by the last 2 poster of the year polls.

A big loss to the forum.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Thats their decision tbh, poor form of you to try and put them in such a no-win position.

G'way now, don't go jumping at me because I think it would be good to see a show of support on something. No win situation? It's the soccer forum we're on, you don't shoot you don't score.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

A depressing situation...on many levels - I count at least four.

Decent keeper lost too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Seemed to ruff a few feathers, I liked that. The same ones moaning about the lack of SOH on here would often be the ones moaning about him.

Anyway, best of luck. Time comes we all have to move on.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Hope he might reconsider and continue to post on the forum.

• Advertisement

tbh its a personal choice, some mods have, like 5starpool been vocal in their protestations, and yourself obviously, and that is great, something to be applauded. but coming in and attacking or trying to influence the other mods is not the right way to go, most people are in the loop on this one and it will be everyones own choice whether they decide to get directly involved, between them and their conscience as it were!

it is disheartening to see a lack of solidarity imo, but maybe there is behind the scenes? as i said, it will be each individuals decision anyway

and so it should be

I don't see how the soccer forum would lose out? All I was saying is that if say the Soccer mods support Lloyd on this they shouldn't fear the Admin's decision and should instead voice their discontent, of course this is only my opinion and maybe the mods have no interest or simply think it's stupid.

I was assuming you were looking for more than the posts, post thanked etc already by some soccer mods?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Hope he might reconsider and continue to post on the forum.
    If you were in his shoes, would you?

From what I've read, my answer would be no fricking way. Of course there may be more to it, but you can only go on what you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

This is the first I've heard about this.

Needless to say that this is an absolute disgrace. Llyod was an excellent mod (he has infracted me & we have had serious arguments over PM about decisions he has made, but that will always be the case with any mod).

Really not happy about this. This place really is going to the dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

If you were in his shoes, would you?

From what I've read, my answer would be no fricking way. Of course there may be more to it, but you can only go on what you know.

True just a shame to lose a good poster and someone who has also being posting here for sometime though yes it is undersatandable that he may not want to post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I'd really like to say what's really on my mind right now but I'll respect the mods of this forum by not giving them a headache.

All I can say in regards to Lloyd is that everytime he made his presence known in a thread it brought a smile to my face. Why? Simply because, for those of us on the same side of the fence as him, no-one could articulate a point better than him and you knew that the "clever" trolls of this forum were going to be put firmly in their ****ing place.

Such a loss to this forum, can't believe it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

He’ll be missed imo. I really hope he keeps posting here. He’s a great man for arriving in the middle of a train-wreck of a thread and posting something completely sensible and logical to put things in perspective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Oh and BTW, I am not leaving (despite the thread title), I am sure that will disappoint some people.

Damn, the title got my hopes up and then 27 posts later they were dashed.

All the best to Lloyd, it will take a few days for him to be able to walk properly again after the job that was done on him.

One of the better Mods Soccer has had, at least he had a bit of craic in him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Yes lucky lloyd will be missed. Made that that liverpool and rafa thread a bit more bearable in its last few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lloyd's posting style rubbed me the wrong way too on a few occasions, so I can see why this would happen. Without going into it, I think it's an overreaction from all sides and hopefully a bit of time and perspective will sort it out.

Soccer moderating is of course a very thankless job so I now take the opportunity to say thanks to Lloyd and wish him the best whatever happens.

id agree with that

I didnt particularly like LL modding style but I dont like anyone leaving the forum for good so I hope he changes his mind

• Advertisement
Advertisement