Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So long Lloyd and thanks for all the fish. Mod Note Post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

This is disappointing. Irrespective of the whole admin business, I would hope that Lloyd might after some time come back to the forum and start posting again.

One less top class poster is really noticable on the forum, with debate on everything being a little more dumbed down.

Hopefully, and I'd imagine everyone would agree with me, you'll start posting again irrespective of the crap involving mod/admin stuff.

For me, boards.ie isn't about the admins or the owners, but more about the community within different forums. The soccer community is pretty darn good, and you only have to look at the threads that aren't about football, including this one, to see that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I really am surprised LL managed to take down the entire site on his own,

Impressive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I'm very disappointed Lloyd is gone, and IMO the forum is a poorer place without his work as mod, and his contributions as a poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Mr Alan wrote: »
    This is the first I've heard about this.

Needless to say that this is an absolute disgrace. Llyod was an excellent mod (he has infracted me & we have had serious arguments over PM about decisions he has made, but that will always be the case with any mod).

Really not happy about this. This place really is going to the dogs.
    Yes cant say Im happy at all with what went down here. Suffice to say he was a good mod who was able to defuse a situation. Will be sorely missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Bit of a shame if this is it for him. He was probably the best mod in the footy forum. When needed to calm things down, he did so with a minimum of fuss and a large dollap of common sense.

He was also a good poster, and you cannot have too many of those on a forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

Not allowed to comment on the decision so all I can say is I'll miss his posts and mod, he was one of the better ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

MY thoughts on this are documented elsewhere.

Lloyd will defintely be missed from the soccer forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

All the best Lloyd. You were never viewed as a mod in here ijs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Locked after 1 post unfortunately

There's a shock. Admin not allowing opinion on their handlings of a controversial decision made on the forum.

Someone posts a thread in the "feedback" forum, giving his/her feedback on a decision made by the admin and it gets locked. The feedback forum may as well not be there.

As for Lloyd, it's a massive shame. To lose your position as a mod (one of the best mods on this forum) because he decided to not to be a tight-arse must be gutting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

mayordenis wrote: »
    Would be great to see a soccer mod team show of support, if yee support, or have the balls.

That is some really childish, needles nonsense.

You should know better.

Very unfair.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

ntlbell wrote: »
    That is some really childish, needles nonsense.

You should know better.

Very unfair.

you should of read the following posts before commenting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Dissapointed to see you go and I hope perhaps in the future you will reconsider and post here again, best of luck till then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

mayordenis wrote: »
    you should of read the following posts before commenting.

I don't see how they're relevant?

ntlbell wrote: »
    I don't see how they're relevant?

Why I explained what I meant by it. On it's own it's a bit over the top, explained not so much, anyway carrying on bitching if it makes you feel cool or whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Look guys, last chance. This thread will be closed if there is any more discussion of the reasons/agreement/disgreement with Lloyds ban.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Look guys, last chance. This thread will be closed if there is any more discussion of the reasons/agreement/disgreement with Lloyds ban.
    Ban?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

I got the impression that he was getting a bit fed up with his mod responsibilities. I think he even made note of this in the soccer feedback thread a few months back. Can't say I blame him for that as I imagine this board is one of the most stressful to moderate on Boards.

I do think however he went a bit OTT in some threads. Still respect what he contributed to the forum though, particularly the soccer draft thread which was one of my favourite times on the forum. Good luck to him.

i think you will find that he wasnt getting fed up with his mod responsibilites but rather he was getting fed up with his mod restrictions! his hands were tied an awful lot when dealing with well known trolls around the place! we all know who they are and they continue to get away with murder around this place. Trolls 1 Forum0.

Sad loss around the place and i too have met lloyd through poker and he is a gent. So annoying that this forum keeps losing its good posters as a result of the antics of a small few..

Can I ask that the powers that be stop making good posters mods. You ruin them ffs.

Headshot wrote: »
    id agree with that

I didnt particularly like LL modding style but I dont like anyone leaving the forum for good so I hope he changes his mind
    I think what LL did on rafa and pool thread was excellent. Took the sting out of a thread with a humerous title. Some posters obviously took exception to it but overall he adopted a no nonsense approach to the whole thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

I have not been a regular boards user all that long but it is quite apparent that Lloyd was a massive part of the community here. I'd like to thank him for all he has contributed and stand firmly in line with all those who wish to see him return. Cheers Lloyd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

Would be great to see a soccer mod team show of support, if yee support, or have the balls.

Anyone who wants to discuss this have set up a thread in other forum. If we are allowed to do so. Think its important to discuss what went on here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055807075

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

ziggy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    Was worth a try. not much left to be said so. but will leave last word with the man himself. End of the day he was a boards man. gone but not forgotten.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63937492&postcount=92

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

nevermind

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Well thats all the good mods gone now.

See ya Lloyd.

Actually t4tf and xavi are still here, still a loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I have absolutely no idea what's going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Totally SHOCKED , and :mad:
    Last years Poster of the year ,
    One of the best mods around ,
    Will be missed ,

Lloyd ........Thank you for a good job and some great posts ,

As Someone already stated " gone to the dogs "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Shame, he's a good poster. He'll be missed.

Still, that's one less Liverpool fan around here

Silver lining and all that...

Dave! wrote: »
    Shame, he's a good poster. He'll be missed.

Still, that's one less Liverpool fan around here

Silver lining and all that...
    No silver linings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Biased !

Dave! wrote: »
    Biased !
    what can i say. He was one of our own. but thats not what is at issue here.

elgriff wrote: »

Have you read any of the rest of this thread? It seems you have as you copied mayors post more or less but you have paid very little attention to this. This is not the place to discuss the merits/demerits/agreement with the banning/defrocking/excommunication. That has been made clear many times so there would be no benefit to either you, Lloyd or the soccer mod team if we were to make a public show of support here. As for having the balls to "fight the good fight or whatnot" grow up would ya, this is not some fight the powah thread and the dismissal of Lloyd deserves better and more reasoned discussion than you will generally find when people let their balls do the talking.

Thanks to all of those who have managed to follow the guidelines thus far. If you cannot continue to do so then do not post here as having to close this just because some people will not be bothered to read the fairly simple guidelines that have been set down would be a real shame.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

CHD wrote: »
    Can I ask that the powers that be stop making good posters mods. You ruin them ffs.

I see what you are trying to do hear and its very clever,trying to push yourself into the frame for any future soccer mod position's....well played.:)

Dub13 wrote: »
    I see what you are trying to do hear and its very clever,trying to push yourself into the frame for any future soccer mod position's....well played.:)
    Even if I was a mod material I wouldn't do it. You are lunatics taking it on.

I'd do it. However the power would go to my head and if people thought LL was in any way biased, just wait until you got a load of me.

Month bans for every "LOL" , "GET IN" or "RAFFA" that gets posted in Liverpool match threads. Sure it would be authoritarian but it would also be bliss.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Dub13 wrote: »

lollers!

"only poor posters for mod, don't ruin the good ones"

the campaign starts here.

copacetic wrote: »
    lollers!

"only poor posters for mod, don't ruin the good ones"

the campaign starts here.
    Dub can be the Original ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

Have you read any of the rest of this thread? It seems you have as you copied mayors post more or less but you have paid very little attention to this. This is not the place to discuss the merits/demerits/agreement with the banning/defrocking/excommunication. That has been made clear many times so there would be no benefit to either you, Lloyd or the soccer mod team if we were to make a public show of support here. As for having the balls to "fight the good fight or whatnot" grow up would ya, this is not some fight the powah thread and the dismissal of Lloyd deserves better and more reasoned discussion than you will generally find when people let their balls do the talking.

Thanks to all of those who have managed to follow the guidelines thus far. If you cannot continue to do so then do not post here as having to close this just because some people will not be bothered to read the fairly simple guidelines that have been set down would be a real shame.

I actually just copied-and-pasted his quote to cause hassle for you lot. Mini-protest. At least I care.

• Advertisement

elgriff wrote: »
    I actually just copied-and-pasted his quote to cause hassle for you lot. Mini-protest. At least I care.

Oh get off your bloody pedestal.

noodler wrote: »
    Oh get off your bloody pedestal.
    lol wana hug? Seriously hungover this morning or something?

CHD wrote: »
    lol wana hug? Seriously hungover this morning or something?

Ah no, but his last post was very childish.

We all wish LL was still here but taking it out on the current mods is silly IMO.

For the record I didn't mean a public show of mouth frothing in anger, and also for the record I kinda explained myself.

carry on.

For the record, yes, you did explain.

Fair play.

We will get through this lads. Walk on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

You will be missed LL!!

Is there a feedback thread or similar somewhere that somebody could direct me to? , thanks.

daithijjj wrote: »
    You will be missed LL!!

Is there a feedback thread or similar somewhere that somebody could direct me to? , thanks.
    Lloyd alive and well but locked out of his account due to the boards attack.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055807441

Lloyd alive and well but locked out of his account due to the boards attack.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055807441

Which he in no way was responsible for *wink*

Nah, seriously - wink.

In other words he hasn't really left. Maybe OP could clarify that.

In other words he hasn't really left. Maybe OP could clarify that.
    He is leaving when the issue is closed in help desk afaik

• Advertisement
Advertisement