Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant in or around nenagh

Options
  • 21-01-2010 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi There,

Could anybody recommend a good restaurant in or around Nenagh? Somewhere a bit classy if possible

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

lol

You may get a better reply if you drop the 'classy' part :)

The only place I know worth eating in is Larkins Bar in Garrykennedy, Portroe but I'm fairly sure it's not what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭CeNedra

Not that near Nenagh, but Inch house at the Ragg (near Thurles) is very classy and the food is fantastic. You can stay over as well for that really special occasion.
    My favourite in Tipp is The Convent in Clogheen. Again, I know it is not close to Nenagh, but again you can stay over. The rooms are unbelievable, the service is fantastic, food different and fab and breakfast next morning is just great. I sound like an advertisement, but I just has a brilliant night there. Set menu, 8 courses, no choice, depends on the chef's decisions for the day. Great experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭djrlittleton

CeNedra wrote: »
    Not that near Nenagh, but Inch house at the Ragg (near Thurles) is very classy and the food is fantastic. You can stay over as well for that really special occasion.
    My favourite in Tipp is The Convent in Clogheen. Again, I know it is not close to Nenagh, but again you can stay over. The rooms are unbelievable, the service is fantastic, food different and fab and breakfast next morning is just great. I sound like an advertisement, but I just has a brilliant night there. Set menu, 8 courses, no choice, depends on the chef's decisions for the day. Great experience.

both places there get my vote:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭offalyman

Thanks for the replies. I've been to a few of these place and they are good but I'm looking for a halfway point and Nenagh would have suited better. Larkin's is an option. Been before and the food is very good. Does anybody know anything about the Pepper Mill in Nenagh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

offalyman wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. I've been to a few of these place and they are good but I'm looking for a halfway point and Nenagh would have suited better. Larkin's is an option. Been before and the food is very good. Does anybody know anything about the Pepper Mill in Nenagh

Pepper Mill is grand there is also another restaurant on the same street whose name i cant remember which is italian and very good, if pricey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

If you're looking for somewhere with class I really don't think Larkins is what you're after, it's part of a pub and serves (perfectly good) but quite traditional food.

The Peppermill in Nenagh is probably more what youre after. I'm not convinced about the food but everything is well sourced and it has a decent wine list. It's also a bit easier on the eye than Larkins (imo) and easier to get to.

Unfortunately North Tipp doesn't really have a very competitive restaurant industry, certainly nothing to compete with the likes of Chez Hans in the south of the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

If you don't mind going out of Nenagh (not far though) you could try Goosers in Killaloe...bar food or fancy restaurant, you choose. Either way the food is good, and the fish is excellent!
    Unfortunately North Tipp doesn't really have a very competitive restaurant industry, certainly nothing to compete with the likes of Chez Hans in the south of the county.

I would beg to differ...have you tried Fiacri House?

I've had good, bad & indifferent meals at Chez Hans.

Fiacri House is consistently sublime in my experience

(but nowhere near Nenagh, sorry OP)

YMMV ;)

Advertisement