Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girls Clan [G!RL]

Options
  • 21-01-2010 12:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm guessing some of you have girlfriends that play Call of Duty (PS3 - MW2). Hey, even some of the girls in here might have girlfriends that play Call of Duty.. Erm anyway.

I'm setting up a Clan [G!RL] for girls only who have achieved the "Not in the Face" Title. Call it an initiation or a test for a true girly gamer

To get the title: “LMG Expert: I” – Kill 5 enemies with headshots while using a light machine gun.

Anyway, if you could pass on the message to your loved ones that would be great. I also have a group on Facebook : Call of Duty: Girls Clan [G!RL]

psn:irishminette

P.S: A bit of Craic!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

lol
    id say it'll be hard to find many girls playin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

HAHAHA!!!

Ill be sure to tell my girlfriend but the one time I did watch her have a go of it she kept blowing her self up with her own grenades. That should be your initiation test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭AlisonB

Yes, I think i'm peeing into the proverbial wind here :) Aw well.. we'll see what direction this one takes :). :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

we had a girl join our clan before, got some of the younger lads our forum very excited, Sally Anne, it was an april fools joke we did tho, set up a twiter for her and everything, they fell hook line and sinker, we've had over 700 members go through our doors, unfortunately never a girl gamer, but good luck
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cadogs

My girlfriend just looks down, spins around and shoots the floor.

It's great if an enemy soldier acidentally trips over and falls underneath her. I'll let her know ye're recruiting ;)

• Advertisement

BOBBY wrote: »
    we had a girl join our clan before, got some of the younger lads our forum very excited, Sally Anne, it was an april fools joke we did tho, set up a twiter for her and everything, they fell hook line and sinker, we've had over 700 members go through our doors, unfortunately never a girl gamer, but good luck

Ha! I'm sure they will insist that any future female gamers use a headset! :D.. I played counterstrike and doom in college when I was doing my degree, that's where it all began.. *sigh*.. now i have tourettes ..

Oh, I have seen some of the [E!R3] guys in some of my matches :). Nice to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

My wife can't stand it, for some reason she gets super irritated by the repetitive dialogue especially "Enemy UAV Spotted" and the arabic phrase "Executive Header" or whatever it is?

In her defense I do have the surround sound on full blast for maximum effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭JamieDev

hey, this is the creator of the fun clan-thingy E!R3. i think its cool how ur making a girls only clan. a girl joined our clan yesterday..... maybe u can check her out, just go onto my thread. 'Irish Clan For Fun!!'

fabtqh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

My wife plays but she's not into clan team games, just FFA.

I love that they have to have achieved the 'Not in the face' title :D

Ha.. you should get your wife hooked :). Yeh, I'm loving the Jargon, "Cover me, I'm reloading".. as the Irish would say "I will in me hole". :)

I had a quick read of the Irish Clan thread... Girl Gamer spotted.. will send her a pm. If we get enough, we will challenge you to a Duel. Touché!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭NOGMaxpower

@ OP

add me to your friends list I think its amazing girls playing COD and would love to have a blast online with ya.

psn: nogmaxpower

Frag ya l8r

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭JamieDev

ya add me anyway for the fun my PSN is JamieDev

fabtqh.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭f3qh5g0z6vc7ob

Hey guys

Im a girl who plays COD and have to admit I am slightly addicted. I dont have a male who encouraged me to do this either haha!

I did join the irish clan but unfortunately I was in work and reading boards comes up funny on screen and I didnt realise they were playing PS3 (which i know you guys are too!)

So if you know of anyone or if any of you are playing on the Xbox live please add me.

PS no im not an ugly butch lesbian as I have been asked waaaaayyyyy too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭f3qh5g0z6vc7ob

Oh and just to answer the question of what you are actually looking for I will put my hand up and say I dont have that title..... yet!!!

Im playing about 2 weeks and have got to level 25 slowly but surely getting there :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Can add my psn if you want op
    X-x_MaRy_x-X

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Is there some physical advantage for men in gaming that I'm oblivious to? If not why is there a girls only clan? It'd be called sexist if it was advertised as men only :pac:

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Is there some physical advantage for men in gaming that I'm oblivious to? If not why is there a girls only clan? It'd be called sexist if it was advertised as men only :pac:
    No advantage but definatley they feel they are the better gamer which is NOT true :p

Playing with men isn't the greatest from a females view,
    Men feel dominant on cod but imagine now you were just playing by yourself and you were up against a girl clan who totally owned you ?
    Wouldn't feel so great then!

Ok I'm going to add you all now..

No i'm by no means sexist.. I have a feeling guys would get as much enjoyment out of this..only a bit of craic :D Anyway.. see you in a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

My girlfriend plays all the time, Think she's more addicted than i am!

She's good as well nearly always finishes in the top 3. B!tch actually got the nuke before i did :rolleyes:

She plays on my account but was wanting to start her own so i'll get her to do that tomorrow and tell her about your clan. Good idea OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

we have 2 girls both are actualy good ill get around to asking them to join:D

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

found a few of the clan members online over the last few days, one was against me in TDM and made bits of me, meant to post the name here but forgot who she was :P nice to see theres a few members though :) good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Deadalus

AlisonB wrote: »
    Yes, I think i'm peeing into the proverbial wind here :) Aw well.. we'll see what direction this one takes :). :D

Pics?

Add me

psn: Deadalus11

Cheers

Nice to see a bit of interest.. :) .. I've added Mary and JamieDev and a few more.. still haven't had the chance to play many of you but watch out for x_X-Mary-X-x... :D Very very good :)

Again i've met some [E!R3] over the last few days and a few [AK47] .. nice to get aquainted :)..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

I spotted one of ya running around with the companion crate title, thats the one iv spotted most,

AlisonB wrote: »
    Nice to see a bit of interest.. :) .. I've added Mary and JamieDev and a few more.. still haven't had the chance to play many of you but watch out for x_X-Mary-X-x... :D Very very good :)

Again i've met some [E!R3] over the last few days and a few [AK47] .. nice to get aquainted :)..
    Thanks Alison, :D
    Quite good yourself, :)
    Splinter wrote: »
    I spotted one of ya running around with the companion crate title, thats the one iv spotted most,
    Why do I feel this was me? I change my title all the time though, but I don't have the other pink title unlocked :o
    Its a nice title though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Feel free to add me also.

PSN ID wcarey1975

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭thecornflake

anybody have any tips for getting women addicted to the game in the first place ? , if so , i really need to know !

anybody have any tips for getting women addicted to the game in the first place ? , if so , i really need to know !
    Go on WaW and play some zombies with them, not by themselves,
    That gets addicting, then move them onto team death matches and when they start kicking ass they will want to play more!!

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭thecornflake

M&S* wrote: »
    Go on WaW and play some zombies with them, not by themselves,
    That gets addicting, then move them onto team death matches and when they start kicking ass they will want to play more!!

excellent , il try that , but she hates it atm ( the other half ) , so i have some convincing to do

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Baring the obvious sexist jokes, not really. I tried to get my ex into gaming but she was absolutely dire. she couldn't hit the ground if she tried. But give her some sonic or mario and she would whupp my ass.

It's good to see this going ahead, should be a bit of craic for you girls.

Advertisement