Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extreme sport insurance

Options
  • 21-01-2010 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

Do companies offering extreme sports to the public have to provide full injury cover insurance? I know in Australia and NZ that you usually sign a disclaimer taking all responsibility yourself but is that not the case in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

Skydiver here, we definitely have the same thing here, all skydivers must sign a form waving all responsibility.

The waiver does not affect your statutory rights, and you are still entitled to full legal protection and recourse in the event of the club/company being responsible due to illegal activity or negligence on their part.

My club provides 3rd party extreme sports insurnace for all club members, but this is really only to keep the local farmers happy as they would be covered in the event that any of their property is damaged by a falling skydiver! it's not a legal requirement though.

I have no idea how much full injury cover for extreme sports would cost, but you can get 3rd party cover for about €50 per/year.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement