Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I change from Vodafone to Meteor

• 21-01-2010 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Hey, am thinking about changing from Vodafone to Meteor.
    I am currently on Perfect Fit 600 with a 1gb Data package which works out €100 a month
    Am looking at the Meteor Bill Pay Max, unlimited calls and texts and 1gb of data for €85 per month.
    What do you think?
    How are Meteor for service,data, roaming etc?

Should I change to Meteor? 13 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 13 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I found Meteor service a bit hit and miss. Some days you could get a decent enough support person who would go beyond reading their script, some days you would get somebody who stuck steadfastly to it, refusing (or not being able) to budge.

As for data, I only used EDGE and I found it quite good. I found the speeds to be more consistent than with my laptop and a Vodafone 3G card (note: not faster, just consistently of the one speed as opposed to the Vodafone card jumping between 2G, 3G and dropping connections).

Roaming - again, hit and miss, depends on where you are going. I am in Bahrain at the moment and I know two people on Meteor, one pre-pay, one post-pay and neither has reception. Ok, so not everyone would be going to the Middle East, but I am on O2 pre-pay and don't have such problems. As a side note, any time I was in Europe roaming with Meteor, I don't recall having a problem with roaming. Same for the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Keith186

Mate has that Meteor package, says its good.
    He's in Dublin most of the time.

I have VF now and had Meteor last, I found Meteor coverage patchy in a few places.

I'd say switch over if you're going to be in urban areas when using it the most, its good value if you use it enough.

Unfortunately O2, VF & Meteor are all patchy in my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

Ask Vodafone about Perfect Choice Access Plus 500 I have for 85.

500 mins and texts.
    Free VF to VF calls texts.
    2GB internet.

Has me sorted - you know the coverage you have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Might be worth your while to pick up a free pay as you go SIM for a week or two to see what reception is like where you use your phone most, before you go and commit yourself to a bill with them. I've found Meteor's coverage isn't a patch on Vodafone's, very flaky, even in major cities and there's a LOT of blackspots throughout the country.

Advertisement