Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is suburban rail and Luas ticketing integrated?

• 21-01-2010 12:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭

Would be nice, not to mention practical.

I have to travel from Maynooth to and event in the Point next month. I know I can buy seperate Luas and train tickets in Connolly.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

JHMEG wrote: »
    Would be nice, not to mention practical.

I have to travel from Maynooth to and event in the Point next month. I know I can buy seperate Luas and train tickets in Connolly.

don't think so, only Connolly Heuston luas stops are covered by buying a ticket on one line to a station on t'other.

Luas services to the point only go from Busárus, not from Connolly btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

You cannot buy a single/return ticket that involves two modes of transport in Dublin (execept for DART and 90, 102 and 111 DART feeder buses) or a LUAS add-on for train tickets to/from Heuston that covers travel to Connolly.

Only option is a 1 day DART/Luas ticket (EUR 9.50) or seperate return tickets, the latter being cheaper.

Rail Return Fare - EUR 6.00
    Luas Return fare Busarus/Point - EUR 2.90

Note no trams operate Connolly-Point. You will need to go to Busarus/Georges Dock stops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Thanks for the info. As a customer I'd regard things that run on rails as trains, shame the authorities don't...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

JHMEG wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. As a customer I'd regard things that run on rails as trains, shame the authorities don't...

tram and train are pretty different.
    Don't trivialise it just to suit yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I exchanged e-mails with the RPA and Veolia recently and they won't even do a Connolly-The Point add-on.

• Advertisement

Victor wrote: »
    I exchanged e-mails with the RPA and Veolia recently and they won't even do a Connolly-The Point add-on.

A shame, and wrong, but not surprising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Ronnie Binge

Any bets when an integrated "Oyster" style ticket will happen?

a) in a year's time
    b) two years' time
    c) 2020
    d) sure what would we want them yokes for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭Vic_08

a) in a year's time
    b) two years' time
    c) 2020

Unless there is a complete change on current policy it will never happen. Eventually the RPA will be compelled to unveil some sort of "integrated" smart card for all the money they have wasted but without a universal set of regulations all operators are required to adhere to it won't be anything like Oyster in use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

If I'm getting the train in on the Kildare line from Park West, I can get a ticket that combines train and Luas, but it doesn't really save money, just convenience when you get to Hueston. It is much cheaper to get a combined train and bus (90) ticket of course as this costs the same as the train ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

If I'm getting the train in on the Kildare line from Park West, I can get a ticket that combines train and Luas, but it doesn't really save money, just convenience when you get to Hueston.

It used to save you money?:confused: It was roughly 20c cheaper for each return journey X however many days.

• Advertisement

a) in a year's time
    b) two years' time
    c) 2020

That'd require us to drop the PR-style electoral system so we could finally elect a majority govt (any party) who would in turn be strong enough to take on the transport unions and disband CIE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

The following is from the Transport 21 website, updated last month (apparently):
    Irish Rail has recently commenced a gradual roll-out of its interim smart card scheme to the public, starting with a pilot scheme for a small number of customers, and with full implementation from February 2010. The interim scheme, together with the Dublin Bus and Luas smart card schemes, will migrate to the single smart card scheme after its launch.
    Subject to successful in-house testing, the single smart card will be rolled out initially to a small number of Dublin Bus testers for live consumer testing of the Dublin Bus/Luas integrated annual ticket, and then to a small number of customers in early 2010.

The system will be progressively rolled out on the Dublin Bus and Luas services, such that, by end-2010, smart cards with a 'pay-as-you-go' function will be available to some 75% of public transport customers in the GDA. Private bus operators are also participating in the scheme and it is anticipated that a number of these operators, along with Irish Rail Dart & Commuter Rail services and Bus Éireann on a pilot basis, will join the scheme by end-2011.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

djpbarry wrote: »
    The following is from the Transport 21 website, updated last month (apparently):

hmmm... the same way the Luas to Cherrywood was completed 5 months ago... oh wait

I for one won't be holding my breath :D

hmmm... the same way the Luas to Cherrywood was completed 5 months ago... oh wait

I for one won't be holding my breath :D

Just to point out that the only people who claimed that the LUAS to Cherrywood would be complete in 2009 were in fact the developers at Cherrywood!

The RPA have always said the latter half of 2010.

a) in a year's time
    b) two years' time
    c) 2020

As I've said on many occasions here, what is planned for Dublin is not Oyster but a very poor relation of it.

Advertisement