Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man shot dead in Wilton

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Oh my god thats like right near me!! :O

But his injuries must have been pretty bad if he didnt make it to CUH!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

heard that on the news earlier (9pm news I think....paschal sheehy did a quick piece about it....reported that the guy was gone to hospital and .....we have unconfirmed reports that he has died) .... he was known to gardai ...and shot in an apparent drug gang fight/hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

96FM news saying he was shot a number of times while getting into his car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Jebus, the last time that I remember a gang related shooting in Cork would have been the one up Dublin Hill a good few years ago. As in 5 years if not more!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

That's just awful - f***ing scumbags! I hope this isn't the start of something, now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

God i passed there at 7.45 on the way back from work.Like 5 mins away from my house.

If this was an innocent person that was killed then it really is a horrible act.

Then again if this person was a scumbag themselves(as i have heard but wont go into it) then good riddens is all i can say. Although its never a good thing to see gun crime on the rise for any reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Then again if this person was a scumbag themselves(as i have heard but wont go into it) then good riddens is all i can say. Although its never a good thing to see gun crime on the rise for any reason.

problem with that logic is one scumbag is replaced by an even more vicious and ruthless scumbag...it's not Quakers or anything who are taking these people out you know :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Guys I'm sorry but regardless of the reasons behind the murder, there has still been a death here.

RIP.

No need to be so insensitive especially when so far alot is based on rumours. A man has died, regardless of whether it's drug related or not. Apparently his kids saw the shooting too.

And I know some of you are going to say "he brought it upon himself" etc etc. A death is a death. There is no need for people to be throwing out labels like "scumbags".

D-Generate wrote: »
    Jebus, the last time that I remember a gang related shooting in Cork would have been the one up Dublin Hill a good few years ago. As in 5 years if not more!

There was one in Ballydesmond less than 3 years ago, 'twas a chap from the City who had moved out to Charleville that was killed that time.

• Advertisement

NoDice wrote: »
    There is no need for people to be throwing out labels like "scumbags".

Very true, folks more respect should be shown.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

There was yer man in Ballincollig as well about 4 years ago.From Togher originally i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

We should show some respect for an alleged drug dealing criminal? I think not! He made his choices and he's just paid for those choices. End of.

darkdubh wrote: »
    There was yer man in Ballincollig as well about 4 years ago.From Togher originally i think.

That's another one, that chap was from The Lough.

No one ever seems to be prosecuted for any of these murders either :(

Max001 wrote: »
    We should show some respect for an alleged drug dealing criminal? I think not! He made his choices and he's just paid for those choices. End of.

What a big person you are saying things like this behind the security of a faceless forum. A statement like that, even thinking like that makes you less of a person. That's so insensitive and inhuman. He made some bad choices, the end.

Do you really care so much that you have to talk like that? Shame.

Sorry lads but if you don't have anything nice to say, especially about a man who has been killed, then don't say it at all.

I knew a chap who was shot in one of these "gangland, drug related" murders. I knew him as he was from near where I'm from, he never asked me what I did for a living nor did I ask him what did he do for a living. I used to bump into him in the local shop, pub or betting office. He seemed a perfectly decent chap.

I find it ironic that many of these keyboard warrier types brandishing the scumbag label etc must think the hash, cocaine or whatever they have tried in the past comes from Musgraves.

I completely agree with you Roverjames! Always got my back! :)

I just think it's very distasteful and I'm hurt to see people of Cork discussing a matter like this in such a horrible and uneducated tone.

Can we please just keep this to facts only? We have seen the news clips thank you OP.

RIP Ger Stanton

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Right this has gone far enough.

Someone has died no matter who they were or what they did to make someone take their life there is no reason for such behavious and comments in here.
    Closing this for lack of constructive remarks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement