Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is a toilet and shower essential?

Options
  • 21-01-2010 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

Ive long been of a fan of campervans and am considering buying one before summer. My budget is around 2-4k so im a little limited at that price. Ive seen van conversions for that kind of money though. I though about going down the self-build route but i imagine from what ive read its complicated and cheaper to pick one up already fitted out.

How essential are a toilet and shower in a campervan in Ireland, given the scarcity of good camp sites? Would a van without these be a non-runner as toilet facilites are not widely available? Theres smaller and cheaper campers without these but i dont think they are practical

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

A toilet is an essential (especially if you have kids!!). A shower is handy to have although I have never used it myself as all the sites I have been at did have decent shower facilities. If you wild camp then a shower would be a good thing to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

You can easily live without a shower ...a facecloth and a bit of water in the sink will do a good enough job for a few days.

As soon as women and/or children become involved, a toilet on the other hand is a must have. But you can get a porta-potti type toilet for 50 or so euro and it's small enough that you will find a place for it somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

I agree with the lads too . But if you ever want to sell on again, a toilet , and a shower in that order are the 2 "must haves" we get asked for in smaller vans .

Advertisement