Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official results thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Whats the story with repeats, when do you have to be registered/signed up by?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

Anyone know what complications might come with repeating an exam immediately before going on erasmus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Whats the story with repeats, when do you have to be registered/signed up by?

Unless things have changed this year (I did repeats in August '12), you'll receive a letter after the results in June. That will outline the repeats process. It'll give a date by which you'll have to register, and you'll register the repeat(s) online through the Student Portal.
    Anyone know what complications might come with repeating an exam immediately before going on erasmus?

I don't know for certain, but I would imagine if you were to fail the repeat you wouldn't be allowed go on Erasmus...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Unless things have changed this year (I did repeats in August '12), you'll receive a letter after the results in June. That will outline the repeats process. It'll give a date by which you'll have to register, and you'll register the repeat(s) online through the Student Portal.

I don't know for certain, but I would imagine if you were to fail the repeat you wouldn't be allowed go on Erasmus...

On co op at the minute so won't have exams in June, presume its more or less the same though?

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    On co op at the minute so won't have exams in June, presume its more or less the same though?

I'd imagine so yeah. You'll just get the letter when they're sending them out to everyone else I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

I'd imagine so yeah. You'll just get the letter when they're sending them out to everyone else I'd say.

Apparently its gonna be a email now?

garv123 wrote: »
    Apparently its gonna be a email now?

That's a bit dodge isn't it...

I mean, I know it's not really a valid excuse, but it could easily happen that someone wouldn't be checking their student emails during the summer and could end up missing the notification...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

That's a bit dodge isn't it...

I mean, I know it's not really a valid excuse, but it could easily happen that someone wouldn't be checking their student emails during the summer and could end up missing the notification...
    could happen to anyone, i worked in france for two summers with f all access to the internet, could easily miss a deadline from not being able to check your mail

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭itgirl268

okay last semester i got an F and gt a qca of 1.8 this semester im after passing everything but my qca is 1.9. in order to go into next year i need to bring up my grades by repeating d and f grades. however i have 4 d and 1 f grades altogether. what do i do??????? help!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

itgirl268 wrote: »
    okay last semester i got an F and gt a qca of 1.8 this semester im after passing everything but my qca is 1.9. in order to go into next year i need to bring up my grades by repeating d and f grades. however i have 4 d and 1 f grades altogether. what do i do??????? help!!!!

Repeating the F and passing would allow you to pass the year but in regards to the ds it depends on what year you are in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Who do I talk to in college about my QCA? Like what I need to get in the next two semesters to get above 3.5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Accumulated QCA = 3.39, Gah! Missed out on a first class honours by .01!!! Story of my life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

seachto7 wrote: »
    Accumulated QCA = 3.39, Gah! Missed out on a first class honours by .01!!! Story of my life!

You're inside the discretionary band, talk to your course head, its possible it could be moved up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I just sent an email. For vanity's sake alone....

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DMBH

So i have a 'session QCA' of 0.8 & 'residual QCA' of 1.47 from SEM1 (shocking i know) with 2F's & 3D's and a 'session QCA' of 2.52 in SEM2 (got my act together a bit!) and an Accumulated QCA of 1.71 ....if i repeat the F's and 1D it should bring my accumulated QCA above 2.0 but i still have 2D's that i didnt repeat...1st year ...any help appreciated thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Finally figured out my password [haven't logged to a Uni PC in years] and my repeat results aren't listed.
    Me poor nerves as I was logging in, :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Burswood

Okay I've looked through the student handbook and maybe I'm going blind but does anybody have any idea what the "Status" heading means?

What does 'C' and/or 'O' mean exactly?

15of2f8.png

DMBH wrote: »
    So i have a 'session QCA' of 0.8 & 'residual QCA' of 1.47 from SEM1 (shocking i know) with 2F's & 3D's and a 'session QCA' of 2.52 in SEM2 (got my act together a bit!) and an Accumulated QCA of 1.71 ....if i repeat the F's and 1D it should bring my accumulated QCA above 2.0 but i still have 2D's that i didnt repeat...1st year ...any help appreciated thanks!

Unfortunately to pass the year you need to repeat 4 exams ( 2 fs and 2 ds)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DMBH

Jester252 wrote: »
    Unfortunately to pass the year you need to repeat 4 exams ( 2 fs and 2 ds)
    Ok cheers!
    - but then that still leaves one d leftover...

DMBH wrote: »
    Ok cheers!
    - but then that still leaves one d leftover...

Thats okay as long as you get a qca of 2.0 with no f or n.g you pass the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Who do I talk to in college about my QCA? Like what I need to get in the next two semesters to get above 3.5.

You don't need to talk to someone in the college to figure that out. You just need to do the calculation...

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭marvin_spazz

anybody else getting this error message on emails. had just got my password reset the other day. Have my old results up on the portal no new ones i think its related to outstanding fees was just seen if they had sent an email. didnt get anything in the post.

There was a problem accessing the site. Try to browse to the site again.
    If the problem persists, contact the administrator of this site and provide the reference number to identify the problem.
    Reference number: e63f6c60-189e-4b1d-8cb0-b95cf78b9dc7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Polar Ice wrote: »
    You don't need to talk to someone in the college to figure that out. You just need to do the calculation...

Oh right, thanks.

OwaynOTT wrote: »

What is your current qca?
    What year are you going into?

Burswood wrote: »
    Okay I've looked through the student handbook and maybe I'm going blind but does anybody have any idea what the "Status" heading means?

What does 'C' and/or 'O' mean exactly?

15of2f8.png

hello? can anybody help on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Denotes what modules were compulsory and optional.

Denotes what modules were compulsory and optional.

thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Not quite sure but I think it's 'Compulsory' and 'Optional''. Was the O module an elective that you didn't have to take?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭itgirl268

what is the residual qca???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

itgirl268 wrote: »
    what is the residual qca???

Your QCA is you clear any fails.

Advertisement