Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official results thread!

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭itgirl268

so at the moment im applying for repeats . my cumulative qca is 1.9 and my residual qca is 2.26. in first year and gt an F in first semester so I have to repeat that but I dnt understand is I have/need to pass a D grade will I be ok with just the F??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

itgirl268 wrote: »
    so at the moment im applying for repeats . my cumulative qca is 1.9 and my residual qca is 2.26. in first year and gt an F in first semester so I have to repeat that but I dnt understand is I have/need to pass a D grade will I be ok with just the F??

The F will clear your QCA ovr 2.0.. Are u in first year?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭itgirl268

yes I am. so you reckon il be ok just repeating the F?? thank v much btw

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

itgirl268 wrote: »
    yes I am. so you reckon il be ok just repeating the F?? thank v much btw

Yes an F to a C3 will get you to 2.26

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Hatch92

So at the moment im going into fourth year in September and my accumulated qca is 2.73 , im doing business studies so my final year is worth 50 percent of my degree.

Can anyone tell me what type of grades i need to achieve to attain a 2.1 degree or would this be almost impossible.

Also ive heard there is a discretionary band of 2.9 that will put you in line for a 2,1 ; can anyone shed light on this as its all so confusing ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Hatch92 wrote: »
    So at the moment im going into fourth year in September and my accumulated qca is 2.73 , im doing business studies so my final year is worth 50 percent of my degree.

Can anyone tell me what type of grades i need to achieve to attain a 2.1 degree or would this be almost impossible.

Also ive heard there is a discretionary band of 2.9 that will put you in line for a 2,1 ; can anyone shed light on this as its all so confusing ?

You'll need a qca of 3.27 to get a 2.1 so mainly b1s with some a2s to boost the qca up.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

Hatch92 wrote: »

Seriously? You can't add it up yourself?
    Considering you had to ask here, I'm going to say it's impossible.

In order to calculate the answer to this difficult problem, I have resorted to the advanced mathematical functions in MS Paint. All you need to do is get a QCA in your final year of X so that the right hand side of the scale is equal to or heavier than the left hand side.
    SJUBlq2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Hatch92

Thanks , no need to be a prick about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Polar Ice is not being a prick,

4th year University Business student that can't work out simple QCA calculation,
    Says it all.

Advertisement