Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A second fibbers?? WTF??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Angry Troll

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Or dead rat in the wall smell masked by cheap air freshener for years until nature took its course and the thing rotted into oblivion :)

Jesus they were bad days.

haha, dead rat in the wall smell...when was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Meh. I still goto the odd gig in Fibbers, mainly when my mate is playing, and one or two other bands. It's a hole, but compared to Bruxxies it's a good laugh. Cheaper drink, and more eye candy.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

haha, dead rat in the wall smell...when was that?

Long long time ago.Must be about 10 years or even more.Management wouldnt pay for it to be investigated so they shoved bottles of air freshners into the hole until the smell disappeared.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

the_syco wrote: »
    Meh. I still goto the odd gig in Fibbers, mainly when my mate is playing, and one or two other bands. It's a hole, but compared to Bruxxies it's a good laugh. Cheaper drink, and more eye candy.

See thats the problem Syco that cheap drink(well that and the smuggled in bottle of Vodka).Last time I met you in there I didnt even know my own name :D:D

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Long long time ago.Must be about 10 years or even more.Management wouldnt pay for it to be investigated so they shoved bottles of air freshners into the hole until the smell disappeared.

before my time in dublin then...funny story though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

do they have a stage in that new fibbers so there will be gigs?

yeah, do they? anyone been yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

No Stage. Just a small space beside the Pool Table. Unlikely to be used for gigs they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

bah

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I quite like the gigs I've been to in fibbers, usually get a good atmosphere

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

kona wrote: »
    Is there a 2nd fibbers opened? Anybody know the score with this? Are they still good for the half price mondays?

Please tell me its a **** hole :D

yea heard about this ,ment to be clean and not smell either :) ,will have to investigate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Passenger wrote: »
    No Stage. Just a small space beside the Pool Table. Unlikely to be used for gigs they say.

Fibbers at the end of O Connell Street has held some pretty good gigs on their small stage, hopefully the new place will have a few gigs

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

In my opinion, fibbers on Parnell street is the best venue in Dublin. The sound has improved immensely in the last while, the beer's cheap, it's in a good location and there's plenty of space.

Only bad point is the positioning of the door to the beer garden right at the side of the dance floor, but I suppose that can't really be helped.

speaking of rock clubs/venues...am i right in the assumption that the old voodoo lounge has been replaced by that card club for good? kinda liked the lounge as a venue for small metal gigs…

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Brunteaphile

Was there last night for a few brews with an old mate.
    Good spot overall, nice staff, good beer not too dear. All round good place, except when it gets packed, not too great when it's packed, but then again nowhere really is.

Definetly a good spot to drop into if you're ever around that neck of town.

@Angry Troll, yes the voodoo is never coming back, it's an internet cafe/card club. I was talkin to the old bouncer outta the place, he misses it too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

@Angry Troll, yes the voodoo is never coming back, it's an internet cafe/card club. I was talkin to the old bouncer outta the place, he misses it too :(

Wow, I had no idea

Last time I was there it was to watch Exodus and Slayer turned up, time before was American Head Charge with Panic Cell

Wow, I had no idea

Last time I was there it was to watch Exodus and Slayer turned up, time before was American Head Charge with Panic Cell

yep, a shame...saw exodus there and destruction and some others...fond memories of the place...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Was in there on Saturday night. Great craic. Good cheap beer and sound people.

Also was pleased when the stupid hair metallers' playlist stopped (it was ALL Manowar FFS!). Was followed a few hours later by some Down and Dying Fetus so I was happy....But by then I was drunk and would've rocked out to anything.....cof....within reason.

They have a local beer on tap, Murrays. Nice and only 3.30! They're doing pitchers of Staropramen (spelling?) for a tenner. And Guinness all night was 4.20. Bar staff are bang on and even though the place was quite full I was never waiting ages to get served.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Was in about 2 weeks ago on a friday or saturday, can't remember which. I enjoyed myself, it was great to have a jukebox that has some class tracks on it, ya can't beat two pages of Morbid Angel and Emperor ! The place was clean and well kept too.

They didn't have any drink promos going when I was in, as said before they were selling a Czech beer called Murrays (:pac:) for 3.30 which was alright. Bar staff are sound, a mix of new guys and staff from the old fibbers who are bang on. There was enough of a crowd to have a good buzz about the place too which is always welcome !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

n8zPyro wrote: »
    Was in about 2 weeks ago on a friday or saturday, can't remember which. I enjoyed myself, it was great to have a jukebox that has some class tracks on it, ya can't beat two pages of Morbid Angel and Emperor ! The place was clean and well kept too.

They didn't have any drink promos going when I was in, as said before they were selling a Czech beer called Murrays (:pac:) for 3.30 which was alright. Bar staff are sound, a mix of new guys and staff from the old fibbers who are bang on. There was enough of a crowd to have a good buzz about the place too which is always welcome !
    The jukebox reminds me of the one in bruxelles.. but with only say 90% of the tracks.

The bar staff seemed sound indeed and the place has a real feel of bruxelles about it.. which i presume is the market they are going after

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Somewhere inbetween Fibs and Bruxies would be nice - I don't wanna listen to Manowar all flippin' night, I avoided Bruxies for that reason :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Well, you won't get funny looks in Fibbers 2 if you forget your leather pants.

ill just add that the €9 pitchers of Murrays were well recieved by Mr and Ms MaxPower1 las night in fibbers 2. But the jukebox was oddly playing much glam rock... kiss, bon jovi, whitesnake etc

Max Power1 wrote: »
    ill just add that the €9 pitchers of Murrays were well recieved by Mr and Ms MaxPower1 las night in fibbers 2. But the jukebox was oddly playing much glam rock... kiss, bon jovi, whitesnake etc

At least it wasn't lady gaga..

• Registered Users Posts: 48 NeonAddict

heard the new fibberz is over 21s is that true ???if so its **** because my boyfriend is 21 and i just turned 18 few months ago so we will have to stay in old fibberz with the pozer kids whom nobody can stand without wanting to punch the head in

NeonAddict wrote: »
    heard the new fibberz is over 21s is that true ???if so its **** because my boyfriend is 21 and i just turned 18 few months ago so we will have to stay in old fibberz with the pozer kids whom nobody can stand without wanting to punch the head in
    Well from personal experience its to weed out the scumbags (the other fibbers is 21s also), its just to give the bouncers the opportunity to say no if they dont like the look of you (ie if youre in tracksuit and trainers say)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

speaking of rock clubs/venues...am i right in the assumption that the old voodoo lounge has been replaced by that card club for good? kinda liked the lounge as a venue for small metal gigs…
    Yup. They didn't pay their music license, so they're no longer allowed to play music there.
    Well from personal experience its to weed out the scumbags (the other fibbers is 21s also), its just to give the bouncers the opportunity to say no if they dont like the look of you (ie if youre in tracksuit and trainers say)
    Aye, and it works a charm. And I know a few 18 year olds got into Fibbers, so it'll be the same in Fibbers2.

Yeah there's no bother getting in once you're not acting like an eegit really.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 NeonAddict

other fibberz is over 21s :O HOLY **** being going to it for a good while now never ****ing knew it was over 21s hahaha like all the people i know went there since they were around 15 if not less and now are in their ****ing 20 wow learn something new everyday :P

NeonAddict wrote: »
    other fibberz is over 21s :O HOLY **** being going to it for a good while now never ****ing knew it was over 21s hahaha like all the people i know went there since they were around 15 if not less and now are in their ****ing 20 wow learn something new everyday :P

As I said its not over 21s, its "Over 21s" (sarcasm is difficult to type) .. only when it suits them. Scangers and scumbags not allowed in but emo kids are it seems :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Last night was my first time in Fibbers 2 and i gotta say i was very impressed. Arrived in just after 19.00 for a few pre-gig pints and it was pretty quiet. Was back there by 23.15 after the gig and the place was hopping. Loads of people there,a wide variety of tunes on the jukebox and service was very swift. Top marks from me.

And the best thing,easy,they're not robbing bastards like bruxelles and you just have to walk out the front door for a smoke.:D:D

Advertisement