Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Semester Abroad

Options
  • 21-01-2010 4:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

I have recently heard of friends opting to pursue academic semesters in the US. Is this actually possibly, along the lines of Erasmus or something similar.

I personally didn't know about people completing semesters in the US. A few Americans were in my class on exchanges but is it possible for UL students to do the same. Are UL linked to US universities which could facilitate an exchange for a semester?

Would be really cool to do something specifically relating to an exchange semester. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Well I do know that erasmus is only Europe but maybe there's other systems they have in place in UL to let ya do a semester abroad in america.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

UL has exchange partners in the US so it is possible. The best thing you can do is go to the co-op office (god love you and good luck there) and they "may" point you in the right direction.

The co-op office arn't directly involved but they will know where to send you!! I know it can be done because some of mates have done it.......... but its more usual to go abroad for co-op!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

To check out about doing a semester in the US as part of the study abroad programme, go to the International office in room E0-030. Going to the co-op office about an academic placement would be a waste of time as they'll just point you down the corridor to the people in the international office who deal with these things.

Advertisement