Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

repeating?

Options
  • 21-01-2010 4:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

hi everyone just got one quick question, im thinking about repeating french to get a subject requirement for college my question is if i fail french or get a lower grade this time around is it my original grade that counts for the CAO or my repeated grade? thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

hi everyone just got one quick question, im thinking about repeating french to get a subject requirement for college my question is if i fail french or get a lower grade this time around is it my original grade that counts for the CAO or my repeated grade? thanks!

They'll take the higher of the two grades if it's not for maltriculation purposes (ie you've already passed the minimum English, Irish and maths requirements for the course)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

thanks, so lets just say i fail french or get a worse grade than i did the first time it wont affect my CAO or what college i get into? also do you know if i would be able to change level on the day of the exam? thanks a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

thanks, so lets just say i fail french or get a worse grade than i did the first time it wont affect my CAO or what college i get into? also do you know if i would be able to change level on the day of the exam? thanks a lot

If you get a lower score this year they'll just take your score from last year. It wont affect your cao, it'll just be like you never did french this year pretty much.

And you can change level on the day of the exam

• Registered Users Posts: 14 nash19

i seen you on the ul boards and i was just nosing through this lol......... i repeated the leaving cert last year and i retook o level spanish ...the school forced me to do 7 subjects anyway it was disastrous i spoke english in the oral and couldnt do my role play but my result still showed up as a b1 so either there was some divinervention or more likely as it didnt affect my points they just printed last years grade to save my blushed lol....... i did well in my other subjects though so i taught nothing of it but from this experiance if you go down you can keep your old grade just not count the points

Advertisement