Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silverstone FT02

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

my mate is looking at it too. one question though.

Why? I mean... its seriously expensive. I assume the interior is made of solid gold or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

I do like the look of the case but i wouldnt touch it with a barge pole tbh.

I dont like the orientation of the mobo although they suggest its better "with hot air rising".

Personally i dont think the case will have good airflow even with the 3 fans at the bottom.I'd say there intake is limted by the fact there is only a small gap between the bottom of the case and its feet.As for only one fan extracting (bar psu and gfx card if they have shrouds) not good for getting rid of hot air especially for the sorta of money your paying.

Again for the money you can find better cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

You do get what you pay for and the quality of their builds are really really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

game4it70 wrote: »
    I do like the look of the case but i wouldnt touch it with a barge pole tbh.

I dont like the orientation of the mobo although they suggest its better "with hot air rising".

Personally i dont think the case will have good airflow even with the 3 fans at the bottom.I'd say there intake is limted by the fact there is only a small gap between the bottom of the case and its feet.As for only one fan extracting (bar psu and gfx card if they have shrouds) not good for getting rid of hot air especially for the sorta of money your paying.

Again for the money you can find better cases.

Any review I have ever seen for the raven case say they are pretty dire for air cooling and airflow.

I would avoid. Think there was one (raven) on display in peats, if you are in dublin and want to poke at one.

They are ridiculously long/deep though for a case.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

Well so far reviews have all been pretty positive , bar the price tag which is about 200 euro on hardwareversand?

I mean , I'm still pretty inexperienced at this, having only put together 3 computers in total at this stage but it seems like a solid case.

Airflow is apparently good, though yes I'd be happier if it had a second out-take fan. But, looking at the case I can't think of anything else I would change/want to modify really.

• Advertisement
Advertisement