Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chickpeas and Chorizo

Options
  • 21-01-2010 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi,
    Making Chickpea and Chorizo with a spinach salad for dinner and wondering what to serve with it? Spuds, Cous Cous, Rice, French stick?

Any ideas gratefully accepted!

Thanks….:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Yummm...

I'd just serve it with warmed french stick, or garlic/herb bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I'd say roast some baby spuds with salt & rosemary, make a garlic sauce and serve with crusty bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭carmex21

Thanks!

Went for Crusty white bread from the local bakery....yummy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

hi there,
    It was a Nigel Slater dish along the lines below - i added smoked paprika and used a tin of tomatoes and a fewbaby plum tomatoes, also used white wine and a bit less water. It was yummy....If you google this he has a few versions that a have a few tweaks here and there.... . I love his recipes as they are usually really simple. His Simple Supers are great:)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2005/nov/13/foodanddrink.shopping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

Hi,

Just had that for dinner with some lovely honey & sunflower seed bread from Tesco.

Absolutely gorgeous and enough left for lunch tomorrow.

I'll be making it again. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

nc6000 wrote: »

Sounds great, making this tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

It's amazing! And so filling, loads left over. Definitely making this again!

hee hee,
    I made it again last night too...so yummy with a spinach salad..i think the contrast of the flavours work really well together...

There is also a Moroccan-style chicken casserole by Nigel Slater which is lovely. If you think it might be of interest I can post the recipe...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

What type of chorizo are y'all using? I find cooking chorizo very hard to get, but well worth the effort when I do find some. I usually stock up as it freezes well. The dried, cured sausages don't make for make for a good cooked dish - I find the fat melts out of it leaving hard pieces of meat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Minder wrote: »
    What type of chorizo are y'all using? I find cooking chorizo very hard to get, but well worth the effort when I do find some. I usually stock up as it freezes well. The dried, cured sausages don't make for make for a good cooked dish - I find the fat melts out of it leaving hard pieces of meat.

I find 'Sol' chorizo is the best. Others can have an unpleasant flavour from the fat. As if it was lowlow or something! You can get it in Superquinn or some Spars.

8436030670050_2.JPG

Advertisement