Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

skill levels

Options
  • 21-01-2010 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hi, i'm new to all this, trying to buy a model tractor for my b/friend in hospital, he already put together a car level 3.
    i was on marksmodels.ie and they dont give the still level in term of 1-5, they have 1/32 and 1/50 - what does this mean??
    can any1 help - thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

1/32, 1/43, 1/50 are the scale of the model, not the degree of difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Scale means how much smaller than the real thing it is. 1/24 th scale cars are 24 times smaller than the actual car.Are you certain about the type of kit he wants ,plastic,metal etc ?Im guessing its a plastic "Airfix" type model.Tractors will be rarer in plastic kits than cars for sure.The Difficulty Level will only be one makers system .Its not the same across all brands.Anyway most people,certainly adults, would be able to put together a kit ...its just a question of how well.The painting is normally what separates the men from the boys ...

Advertisement