Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have Metro Wireless in Palmerstown?

• 21-01-2010 11:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭

I'm having some major issues with my current broadband provider so I'm thinking of just dropping their service entirely and getting wireless.

Anyone have Metro in Palmerstown? What's the quality like?

Also does anyone know if this type of wireless is okay for gaming, skype or techy stuff like SVN/Remote logins. No strange port blocking or throttling?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Anyone have any experience with Metro Broadband from Digiweb?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

Anyone have any experience with Metro Broadband from Digiweb?

I do, just cancelled my account with them. Speed on an 8MB connection ok at times but after 18:00 you're talking 1MB-2MB. I'm with UPC on a 15MB connection and getting speeds of 14MB+ at all times day/night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Yeah that's what I was worried about. I'd be on a business account though. So I wonder if that changes things or will my service be the same. :confused:

Advertisement