Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub Grub/Cheap & Cheerful Restaurant

• 21-01-2010 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hey all,

Apologies if this has been done already, but I did a quick search and couldnt find anything. Heading to Waterford next weekend with a few friends and we're looking for somewhere cheap to eat for one of the nights... Cheap but good!

Any pubs renowned for their pub grub, or any little bistro's that are known for good cheap food?

As we're only going for two nights, I dont want to pick somewhere en-spec only to be dissapointed that we wasted one of the meals there!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

Hey Chilly Jilly

I find Espresso to be a good spot http://www.espresso.ie/index.php?page=welcome_page

Have been there on a couple of occasions with friends and work colleagues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

Hey Chilly Jilly

I find Espresso to be a good spot http://www.espresso.ie/index.php?page=welcome_page

Have been there on a couple of occasions with friends and work colleagues

i have to agree with Rainbow. great food on a budget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

south wrote: »
    i have to agree with Rainbow. great food on a budget

Are you crazy..I just looked at the lunch menu. 13€ for a pizza or €5.75 for a glass of house wine and €5 for a desert and you think this is a budget?
    Attitudes like that is what has this country in such a mess.

you should get a pizza and desert for €10-12... for lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

Are you crazy..I just looked at the lunch menu. 13€ for a pizza or €5.75 for a glass of house wine and €5 for a desert and you think this is a budget?
    Attitudes like that is what has this country in such a mess.

you should get a pizza and desert for €10-12... for lunch.

I'd advise u to read the original post again.. s/he did not mention 'lunch' but dinner for 'one of the nights'

FYI they have a cheap, meal deal for under a tenner at lunch, pizza and dessert

Advertisement