Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some thing smiliar to Resident Evil

Options
  • 21-01-2010 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Folks,
    I am not hardcore gamer. But I have been playing RE for many years, and enjoy it immensely. What other games you suggest, are like RE or even better.
    Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,504 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Dead Space.

You should be able to pick it up pretty cheap now too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

+1 for Dead Space, was imo better than RE5. Felt a bit fresher at least.
    Just make sure to play late at night in the dark with the sofa pulled out from the wall so there is room to hide behind it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭leom

calex71 wrote: »
    +1 for Dead Space, was imo better than RE5. Felt a bit fresher at least.
    Just make sure to play late at night in the dark with the sofa pulled out from the wall so there is room to hide behind it :o

wow--- is it really that good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

leom wrote: »

Better

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah, as you get more tooled up/upgraded further into the game it becomes a little less scary, but it does enjoy scaring the bejaysus outta ya!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Dead Space, I only played it at night alone with the lights off and volume cranked up :D Amazing game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Love the zeroG parts in that game ,excellent idea in a horror game:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

im a massive resident evil fan (even have a resi tattoo) and the only game that I could would compare it to is dead space, its a way better survival horror game than resi 5. Also if you like scary games condemned is quite scary in my opinion haha

forgot about condemned, that was pretty good too. 2nd one was pants though.

im a massive resident evil fan (even have a resi tattoo) and the only game that I could would compare it to is dead space, its a way better survival horror game than resi 5. Also if you like scary games condemned is quite scary in my opinion haha
    calex71 wrote: »
    forgot about condemned, that was pretty good too. 2nd one was pants though.

its not scary part i am looking for, rather riddle part, I enjoy in RE.

• Advertisement

its not scary part i am looking for, rather riddle part, I enjoy in RE.

Silent Hill : Home coming maybe then? While not on a par with previous games in the series it was ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I can continue the support for Dead Space. I don't think it's as good as RE, but it's got a great atmosphere. There aren't really any puzzles though, you're pretty much told what to do and where to go. I haven't played Silent Hill yet, but I hear it's a gore-fest and not as clever as the previous SH games. Both SH and DS can both be found quite cheaply too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Well if it's more of the puzzle aspect than the horror aspect you're after I'd go for Darksiders in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Regardless of if your looking for the puzzle bit of games.
    I still recommend Dead Space as one to go on your game list its just a great game to play and you will actually laugh after you have hit the roof because your so happily suprised that it has happened because of a video game.

most peope on this thread vote deadspace -- so it must be good game!!
    thanks every one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Come back with your impressions :D

Come back with your impressions :D

sure, will do, thnx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 BaelNaMblath

BioShock. It's not very similar in gameplay (its a first person shooter), but the atmosphere and theatrics are all top notch and go way above anything RE ever did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

BioShock. It's not very similar in gameplay (its a first person shooter), but the atmosphere and theatrics are all top notch and go way above anything RE ever did.

you my friend are wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I wouldn't even related Bioshock and RE5 to each other. Both completely different games. Dead Space is the closest to RE. Almost Resident Evil in space if you will.

Bioshock is an FPS with the RPG elements stripped way down compared to the classic System Shock games. Its not a survival horror title at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

What have you been smoking to come to that conclusion???
    Bioshock is nowhere near anything like deadspace or resident evil infact it is a steaming turd compared to the two of them.
    I got bored of bioshock after about 2-3 hours because all you do is kill a few splicers a big daddy a few splicers a big daddy a little sister her and there and thats it all the way through the game that and alot of the game looks exactly the same "Snore".
    Deadspace and resident evil are on such a higher podium then bioshock that they top of a mountain and bioshock happens to at the bottom of the sea

Evolute wrote: »
    What have you been smoking to come to that conclusion???
    Bioshock is nowhere near anything like deadspace or resident evil infact it is a steaming turd compared to the two of them.
    I got bored of bioshock after about 2-3 hours because all you do is kill a few splicers a big daddy a few splicers a big daddy a little sister her and there and thats it all the way through the game that and alot of the game looks exactly the same "Snore".
    Deadspace and resident evil are on such a higher podium then bioshock that they top of a mountain and bioshock happens to at the bottom of the sea

I have had exactly same exp. with Bioshock, I read some good reviews on net. But was really disappointed. It comes on top 10 games of the year on some sites. :confused:

May be you are comparing riddle part of bioshock with RE? other wise I dont see any similarities in b/w both.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

About an hour into Resident Evil 5, I asked myself "where's the atmosphere, the sheer tension and the terror gone".

I found it all in Dead Space about a week later.

Absolutely brilliant game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Looks like I better go buy Dead Space then. Cheers OP for the thread, twas on my list to get, but this has pushed it to the top of the list.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    About an hour into Resident Evil 5, I asked myself "where's the atmosphere, the sheer tension and the terror gone".

I found it all in Dead Space about a week later.

Absolutely brilliant game.

and in €7 in extravision.

budhabob wrote: »
    Looks like I better go buy Dead Space then. Cheers OP for the thread, twas on my list to get, but this has pushed it to the top of the list.

€7 in extravision - I bought it yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Dead Space is a class game and I think it will be looked upon as a classic in time. It slipped under the radar last year with all the AAA titles. Its amazing it came from an in house EA team. They actually took a chance on something new and look what happened. Can't wait for the next installment of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Siren Blood Curse and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories are def worth a look too. Not too many survival horrors being released of late. Alan Wake is a biggie out in the next month or so (tho I'll believe it when I see it). Dead Rising is pretty good but more action-based really.

Dead Space was quite good though there's kind of a bug that ruined it for me. There's a downloadable suit that's free (the xbox suit or something). It's the best suit in the game and I got it near the start only to find I couldn't "level down". So the game was easyish as I always had loads of money due to not needing to upgrade the suit.

So don't get any DLC as it might wreck your 1st playthrough! :D

• Advertisement

I played DS for couple of hours and this is what I feel about the game.

-easier than RE.
    -Not very refined graphics and atmosphere, RE is more refined and has decent graphics.
    -scarier than RE.
    -No riddles or puzzles.(so far)
    -Keeps you engaged all the time, have to be attentive all the time.
    -Don't have hot babe - on your own ;)

DS is a way better than bioshock, may be not as good as RE.
    If you enjoy playing RE you will enjoy DS too.

Advertisement