Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nh ts115 sle

• 21-01-2010 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

i have a nh 7740 and was thinking of trading up to a ts 115 sle turbo 04 or 03 cause they have the shuttle on left next to steering wheel . does anyone know of any problems with this model or sle gear box . Got great service from 7740 , has 12000 hours on it , has sl gear box

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭roadtripman

I worked with a contractor who had a 01 ts115 sle (non turbo), after 8000hrs every part of it was completely worn out except the engine (would rate the engine as very reliable), the gearbox, dropbox and brakes gave alot of trouble, my advice would be get a sl model if you can I reckon they take more hardship and are simpler to repair (only my humble opinion!). Some people say the 100 and the 110 models are better tractors but im not sure why that is. Plus the same man had a 8340 and it was way more comfortable than the ts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sthil

i think the 8340 has a longer wheelbase, would probably make it smoother on road. only reason i was looking for sle is because my 7740 gets stuck in gear when you go from 3rd down to 2nd, you must go from 3rd to 4th to 2nd if you know what i mean. Had a 03 115 sl on trial last year, liked it a lot but thought it was a bit dead,it had no turbo. Garage was looking for 37k for it, it had 6000 hrs on it, told them they were mad

Thats a fair price for a tractor that size and with 6000hrs, €20k + vat would be plenty I reckon. For 37k you would get a TM, the range command ones are lovely to operate but do give a few niggles, but the dual command but be great for a farmer. If your budget allows you should look for a TM or a clean 60 series, would be a stronger tractor than the TS.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sthil

would agree with you but i want to put a loader on it and dont want to go too big with the tractor. looked at a couple of 115 tsa's and i thought they were a bit big. I also looked at the option of buying a small loader like a jcb 2cx but was'nt gone on them

The 2cx are lovely nimble machine around a yard but the ground clearance is very low which would'nt suit going out to round feeders in the fields plus there a bit pricey for what you get.I know a man with a TM140 and a front loader and its not a awkward as you would think but you know best what suits your own setup. Hope you get something nice!

• Advertisement
Advertisement