Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wimbledon cup winner

Options
  • 21-01-2010 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

Anyone here ever hear of carlos hathcock wimbledon cup winner or is this not classed as sporting shooting

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

Anyone here ever hear of carlos hathcock wimbledon cup winner or is this not classed as sporting shooting

Yep!..interesting character, but I dont think his form of shooting falls under sporting shooting:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I dunno - his highpower target shooting would be what the forum's supposed to be used to talk about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Sparks wrote: »
    I dunno - his highpower target shooting would be what the forum's supposed to be used to talk about.

Is this not the hunting forum? Is there not a separate target shooting section?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

moving to the main forum so. If there's enough interest in the target shooting aspect of his life, we'll move it to TS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Sparks wrote: »
    moving to the main forum .

Ha, Ha very funny :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVJONj95so4

watch this , its the first of three parts and he was a successful target shooter and was very young doing so ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

I'd highly recommend a book called "Time to Hunt" by Stephen Hunter, its a fictional storey loosely based on Carlos Hathcock's life in Vietnam, a cracking read.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Rosahane

davo10 wrote: »
    I'd highly recommend a book called "Time to Hunt" by Stephen Hunter, its a fictional storey loosely based on Carlos Hathcock's life in Vietnam, a cracking read.

Most of Hunter's Bob Lee Swagger books espouse the skills and ethos of Hathcock's life. All are good stories and well worth reading:D

There were a couple of biographies based on Hathcock's life, White Feather and Marine Sniper. I've read Marine Sniper and it's worth reading.

(Just decided to see if I can get White Feather:D)

There was a legend that Hathcock once shot an NV sniper in the eye through his scope. I think that this was confirmed and the scope was in a Marine museum somewhere.

Hathcock did win the Wimbleton Cup:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Anyone here ever hear of carlos hathcock wimbledon cup winner

Yep, of course. Anyone who wins the Wimbledon Cup needs to be taken notice of!

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Rosahane

rowa wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVJONj95so4

watch this , its the first of three parts and he was a successful target shooter and was very young doing so ,

Thanks Rowa, hadn't seen these before. He was some man:D

Full story and lots of info here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Hathcock

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭MACT1RE

Gunny Hathcock was the pure embodiment of everything a good shooter should be. A calm exterior, a patient mind and a core of pure iron. The man was a legend and there will never be another like him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Short reminder that the Military forum would be a better home to discuss "people sniping" skills.

Shooting forum is for shooting sports, so discussion of "skills" is perfectly fine, "kills" on the other hand, not.

:)

Advertisement