Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

back 5 minutes

• 22-01-2010 9:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭

and no posts in here shock horror:eek:

what did everyone do with the motoring queries when this was down?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

ha ha yeah. I went back to a forum I used to visit in the UK :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I actually had a motoring query.............................
    I rang a dealer. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I took up smoking to take my mind off my boards.ie addiction. *

* only joking..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I did some work! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 DancingPriest

+I talked to some customers.
    +I drove a very drunk Polish gentleman back to his home after he applied for finance. (no, I didnt put it through)
    +I sold a Corolla.
    +I talked to more customers.
    +I drank Coffee.
    +I studied other manufacturers websites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

Berty wrote: »
    I actually had a motoring query.............................
    I rang a dealer. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Sweet jebus...are you ok. Must have been a hell of a shock to speak to someone and them not starting giving out about Fog Lights, Alfa Reliability etc....sniff....i missed the motors forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

I had an actual query also - I mailed the dealer to find out what level of tax was on this - I was told that it was the cheap one, I understood that the lower rates of tax only applied from Mid-2008........this car was surely registered week1 2008...........were they telling porky pies???

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Toyota/Avensis/DIESEL-I/201001196487275/advert?channel=CARS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

cjmcork wrote: »
    I had an actual query also - I mailed the dealer to find out what level of tax was on this - I was told that it was the cheap one, I understood that the lower rates of tax only applied from Mid-2008........this car was surely registered week1 2008...........were they telling porky pies???

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Toyota/Avensis/DIESEL-I/201001196487275/advert?channel=CARS

Asked a dealer - what were you thinking? :rolleyes: ;)

At least now you can ask on here. Within 5 minutes someone will tell you that you can pick your own tax regime (whatever is cheaper) for cars registered between 1/1/2008 and 1/7/2008...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

youpr0n FTW
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

unkel wrote: »
    Asked a dealer - what were you thinking? :rolleyes: ;)

At least now you can ask on here. Within 5 minutes someone will tell you that you can pick your own tax regime (whatever is cheaper) for cars registered between 1/1/2008 and 1/7/2008...

whatchamean?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 DancingPriest

cjmcork wrote: »

Cant give a reference at the mo, but it does qualify for the lower rate of tax that came in July of that year. revenue.ie might be your first stop, Im off to bed.

But they were telling the truth, it's complicated with 08's.

Advertisement