Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

And we're back...

Options
  • 22-01-2010 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

As I was saying, gentlemen...

Right lads and ladies, as you were...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭patbundy

and you thought you were getting the weekend off:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Hmmm..... a weekend off....
    /considers a 48-hour ban for all users....
    Naw :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I managed to organise my bookmarks, my pictures, and my documents in the down time. Talk about being productive :D

Shot nothing though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Twas like somemone had cut my Internet connetion.

The shooting section on Boards.ie is my social network addiction - a must have 3 times a day or else the relapse starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Jeese Clive - thought it was just me lol. Was like going to the range and leaving the bolt at home - not that I've ever done that mind ya! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

it was aherns latest idea to get rid of shooting i reckon , quote :" talking about shooting in online forums could lead to an american style gun culture and no one wants that "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Sparks wrote: »
    Right lads and ladies, as you were...

(*Mayor Quimby style)
    I had to spend time with the *sigh*....wife

rowa wrote: »
    it was aherns latest idea to get rid of shooting i reckon , quote :" talking about shooting in online forums could lead to an american style gun culture and no one wants that "

Someone should leak it to the Greens that windsurfers kill X amount of baby seals per year due to accidental collisions.

That'd be a Dail debate worth watching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

johngalway wrote: »
    Someone should leak it to the Greens that windsurfers kill X amount of baby seals per year due to accidental collisions.

That'd be a Dail debate worth watching.

the greens could unleash their worst weapon , namely the vegetarian fart ! the fallout would be terrible !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Good to be back:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

IT and computer experts :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

hackg200.gif

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

From the (lack of) activity here, methinks many people have forgotten the email address they used when they first registered with this bored ;)

rrpc wrote: »
    bored ;)

Freudian slip there RRPC? :p

Freudian slip there RRPC? :p
    See how the guilty mind always thinks the worst first :p

Let's see. I registered here in 2004. Since then I've changed my email address three times: I had an indigo one, then an eircom one, then a hotmail one and now a gmail one. I also had one for the club.

The eircom and hotmail ones are still live, the eircom one is just a spam catcher now and the hotmail one is only used for Microsoft partner stuff. Trying to remember which one I was using as my main address almost six years ago or even which one I felt at the time was best suited to my login here...

And what if the email address is closed? Eircom shut your address down if you haven't used it in six months, so even if you could remember which one it was, you couldn't respond to any emails that came to it from boards.

I still got it right on the second go. But if I'm anything to go by I'd imagine others are the same. I notice it's mostly the newer registered guys posting here which kind of bears out my theory.

Eircom was my first account, changed from them last year or the year before. I was quite surprised I still had my .net account, thought they would have closed it. Handy for registering on sites which require an ISP account.

On Gmail now and find it much better, completely agree with the Eirspam accounts just receiving junk!

Will give you the benefit of the doubt so and say early morning typing didn't agree with ya lol. Tis a bit quiet though.

Off to get some lambs butchered, yum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

The Technical people are working on sorting out a method for people who no longer have access to (or have forgotten) the e-mail address they used to originally register with Boards.ie, and I'm led to believe, will make a site-wide announcement about it later today.

If you HAVE access to the e-mail address registered to your Boards.ie account, here's a step-by-step guide to getting back in:
    http://www.boards.ie/QandA/

Will give you the benefit of the doubt so and say early morning typing didn't agree with ya lol. Tis a bit quiet though.
    Sorry, misunderstood your first post, but nevertheless it was worth explaining the problem ;)

'bored' was intentional. It's a commentary on why people may use forums in one 'punny' word :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

rrpc wrote: »
    From the (lack of) activity here, methinks many people have forgotten the email address they used when they first registered with this bored ;)

I think sparks banned the wrong person and they took revenge

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Dusty87 wrote: »
    I think sparks banned the wrong person and they took revenge
    Hard to tell, there's been sooooooo many over the years...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

I just put a 1 behind my username and picked a completely different password than my original one.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

I just put a 1 behind my username and picked a completely different password than my original one.

You were easy enough to sort, I could tell that meathstevie and meathstevie1 were the same so I merged the two accounts. You should be sorted now with your old PMs and everything.

EDIT: Just to say, if anyone's reading this and can't get into their account, let me know and I'll see what I can do about sorting you out. My e-mail address at work is fairly obvious: my first name @boards.ie or if you know any of the other mods personally contact them and they'll pass on the details. I can't guarantee anything, but I'll do my best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

We're in an unusual position (and blessed lucky) here in the Shooting forums in that one of our mods is also a Site Development Admin, thus giving us a shortcut to sorting out this stuff; but for anyone preferring to choose the 'Official' method of regaining access to their account, here's the announcement over in Help Desk:
    How to be reunited with your Boards.ie account if your email address has changed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

After reading this I've done the same.
    P.

Advertisement