Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clash of the Titans - The Final 16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Red Skull takes it. Sarah Connors isn't in his league, she's a survivalist but she's no superhero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

One more will do it for Red Skull.

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Red Skull

Boom! Done!:D

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Toasty113

Hmmmm, tough call... Think I'll have to go with Yoda

• Advertisement

Yoda.

More than capable of carving them up with his lightsaber.

2-0 Yoda.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yoda's got the mad slikkz here.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Yoda to win easily. The Sentinel is too slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Yoda

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,861 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Yoda, ftw.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

If Wolverine can carve up a sentinel with little bother then I think Yoda and his glo-stick will have no problem schooling the bot. Also, depending on where you get your force info from he could probably just crush the sentinel's circuitry with his mind or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

Yoda.

6-0 Yoda

Really 8-0 but there you go

Yoda wins. Next battle to follow

Predator

predator.jpg

Linky

VS

Angel

angel5.jpg

Linky

Im not LZ

I will be voting.

And ill be voting for Angel.

Think he would be beyond the range of Preds tracking devices and such. He'd get the jump on Pred.

Plus he has a pet dragon.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I'm gonna go with Predator. He's got the weapons to deal with tough nuts like Angel. It would be a tough fight, but I think he'd edge it (dragon not withstanding).

on a side note, those wikipedia links aren't working.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Angel all the way here, his age and experience would be too much for Pred.

2-1 to Angel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Toasty113

Was going to vote for Predator.. But I think I'll have to be Angel.

• Advertisement

Predator.

Lots of weaponary and the protection that their suits offer also.

3-2 to Angel

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,861 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Predator all the way.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 11,011 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Body heat tracking would be useless on Angel, so the Predator would be essentially fighting blind. I'm sure Angel could probably track it's scent though.

Going to go with the centuries old vampire on this one.

Angel

4-3 to Angel

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

He still gives of a heat signature {and this is going my the science of the Angle TV show universe } and Predator has proven he can fine-turn his imaging tech. Remember in the meat-locker scene in Predator 2.

So Predator FTW*.
    Body heat tracking would be useless on Angel, so the Predator would be essentially fighting blind. I'm sure Angel could probably track it's scent though.

Going to go with the centuries old vampire on this one.

Angel

The only exception would be if it was the puppet Angel......

At first I thought Predator, no hassle... but but... Angel has beaten bigger and badder enemies, and unlike Buffy (who I argued against) Angel tends to fight hard and figure out weaknesses as he goes.

I'm pretty sure the meat-locker incident in Predator 2 wasn't Predator fine-tuning his heat vision but changing to a different mode where he saw the light of their torches.

Predator isn't a huge fan of being hunted... you can see in Predator 2 where he legs it from Danny Glover when the action isn't on his terms (though of course he could have just been playing with him)

Angel is smarter, faster and stronger than Arnie's character, plus the fight would no doubt take place in a territory more familiar to Angel than Predator.

Predator's main weapon of choice, and the thing that seems to give him the edge on the Xenomorphs is his lil blaster dealie, but that wouldn't really kill Angel. Spinny blade may do the trick, but Angel's reactions are quick enough to deal with such things.

It'd make a pretty damn good episode/movie... someone should pitch it to the all powerful ubers-who-be.

So yes, +1 for Angel.

5-4 Angel

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

He still gives of a heat signature {and this is going my the science of the Angle TV show universe } and Predator has proven he can fine-turn his imaging tech. Remember in the meat-locker scene in Predator 2.

So Predator FTW*.

The only exception would be if it was the puppet Angel......

just because you pointed out puppet angel you have convinced me:

Angel/Angellous :pac:

• Advertisement

Angel takes the win

6-4

Score. Just wait for Matt to set up the next round of matches so.

Advertisement