Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing APT timer with Flash timer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

live input(2 on apt timer )into 1
    neutral input into 2 (see can you use neutrals off the same cables as above)
    live out (1 on apt timer)into 4

make sure power is off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

meercat wrote: »
    live input(2 on apt timer )into 1
    neutral input into 2 (see can you use neutrals off the same cables as above)
    live out (1 on apt timer)into 4

make sure power is off
    Perfect, thanks a lot mate.

GF cant wait to wake up to a warm house in the morn.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Those APT timers seem to be very troublesome. The fact that they're everywhere doesn't help matters either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 PR79

I've replaced numerous APT timers troughout the years. they seem to be a disaster. I always use the Flash timers. never had any problems with them:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

ya.the failure-rate is high alright with the apt.They're convenient to wire, if only they'd stay workin!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭rockwell

Hi

I'm looking for help with the opposite of the OP.

Our flash heating timer clock has stopped working and i have an APT to replace it with.

The flash has 4 inputs - live in(1), netural in(2), netural out(3), live out(4)

The APT, has 3 inputs live out (1), live in (2), netural (3)

What is done with the two neturals do they both go into the netural input in the apt? Any help appreciated.

Many thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

rockwell wrote: »
    Hi

I'm looking for help with the opposite of the OP.

Our flash heating timer clock has stopped working and i have an APT to replace it with.

The flash has 4 inputs - live in(1), netural in(2), netural out(3), live out(4)

The APT, has 3 inputs live out (1), live in (2), netural (3)

What is done with the two neturals do they both go into the netural input in the apt? Any help appreciated.

Many thanks

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭rockwell

thank you m cebee

• Registered Users Posts: 15 PR79

yes the 2 neutrals are connected together. this is why the flash is better, because it is double pole where the live and neutral are disconnected when it switches off (eg a shower or cooker switch). the APT is single pole ( only the live is disconnected in the off position.. just like a switched socket).

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭SparKing

The Flash isn't a double pole, there is a link between the incoming and outgoing neutral connections afaik.
    What is true though is that the Flash seems to be better than than the APT and cheaper too, in my local wholesaler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

we sell both apts and the flash equivilent. we sell prob twice the amount of apts as flash and we get back way more faulty apts then flash. there is a newer upgraded version of the apt out now and its offered with longer warrenty then the old, its also a bit more aesthetically pleasing to look at.

Advertisement