Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moneyforyourmobile/ envirofone

Options
  • 22-01-2010 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

anyone flog their phone to these guys ??

I am looking to sell my N95 in order to raise funds to purchase the nexus one , they have quoted me €124 approx. , are they reputable ???

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If you do a search, their has been trouble with these before, more so envirofone iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ould.crock

I've used the two. I had no trouble with money4urmobile. I had terrible hassle with envirofone. Anyway the former is paying more for a N95

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭cyburger

I used moneyfurmobile the other week - send the old phones in midweek, got the email confirming recept and then got the cheque at the start of the next week - pleasantly surprised! I was expecting to wait a couple of weeks for it... HTC HD2 for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Sorry to bump this thread, but I sent away my Nokia N95 8gb on Monday, do they send a comfirmation email to tell you they have it? Shitting it that it might have got lost in the post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭cyburger

I got a confirmation email alright, about three days later... I sent mine by registered post though.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

I ebayed my nokia n95 8gb for 149euro there recently!!Think its a better option than envirofone etc

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Stevokenevo

I'm toying with the idea of getting rid of 3 phones. The prices listed on Envirofone look a little low but I honestly don't have a clue what I could expect to get otherwise. Phones along with Envirofone offers are:

HTC Hero (White) - €100.40 (possibly - I might keep it as a backup)

HTC G1/Dream - not listed, nearest thing is a HTC Magic but that doesn't have a keyboard - €97.43. G1 is on M4YM at €82.26

Sony Ericsson P1i - €39.72

Money4urmobile gives even less. I was hoping to get a bit more cash, especially for the Hero, but even the P1i is a pretty decent phone that I'd probably feel was worth more to me as a backup than getting a measly 40 notes for it.

Anyone know of anywhere offering better prices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Just got the confirmation email \o/ hopefully it wont take long for the €140 to go into my bank account :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I'm toying with the idea of getting rid of 3 phones. The prices listed on Envirofone look a little low but I honestly don't have a clue what I could expect to get otherwise. Phones along with Envirofone offers are:

HTC G1/Dream - not listed, nearest thing is a HTC Magic but that doesn't have a keyboard - €97.43. G1 is on M4YM at €82.26

Sony Ericsson P1i - €39.72

Money4urmobile gives even less. I was hoping to get a bit more cash, especially for the Hero, but even the P1i is a pretty decent phone that I'd probably feel was worth more to me as a backup than getting a measly 40 notes for it.

Anyone know of anywhere offering better prices?

Try selling them on Adverts.ie,i got rid of my N97 there for a good price and none of the messing with them sites involved.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

I sold two phone to them last week, they received the phone on the monday tested it monday afternoon.

Payment was received the following morning into my paypal account, can't really complain seemed pretty straight forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Stevo the HTC hero phones sell for around 160/200Euro's plus on adverts I wouldn't send that into envirofone for 100!!!

Stick it up on adverts you take 100 I will take the rest muuhhaaa :)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Stevokenevo

Thanks guys, had a look at adverts, looks like I can definitely get more than those bums at Envirofone are offering!

Quick question, noticed some people advertising their Hero as unlocked - I got mine through Meteor but not sure if it's locked to a specific network as there isn't any proprietary Meteor software on the OS the way they often do with other brands.

Anyone tried a different operator's SIM with a Meteor Hero? (friends are all Meteor too so haven't got anyone to borrow a SIM from!)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Thanks guys, had a look at adverts, looks like I can definitely get more than those bums at Envirofone are offering!

Quick question, noticed some people advertising their Hero as unlocked - I got mine through Meteor but not sure if it's locked to a specific network as there isn't any proprietary Meteor software on the OS the way they often do with other brands.

Anyone tried a different operator's SIM with a Meteor Hero? (friends are all Meteor too so haven't got anyone to borrow a SIM from!)

It will be locked so it can only use Meteor sims

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Not true. I bought a PAYG Hero from Meteor which works fine with my Vodafone sim.

It depends when you bought it afaik, the earlier ones are unlocked, however I think the ones they're selling now are locked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I sent a damaged n95 to them recently. I had the cheque within a week. I've not tried to cash it yet but overall the process was very smooth and zero complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Harpic

I advised Envirofone on 19th Feb ofr 2 phones to sell and 10th March I got the cheques in the post..

Second time dealing with them and found them great

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Random wrote: »
    I sent a damaged n95 to them recently. I had the cheque within a week. I've not tried to cash it yet but overall the process was very smooth and zero complaints.

How much did you get if you don't mind saying? I have a damaged n95 laying around myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Shzm wrote: »
    How much did you get if you don't mind saying? I have a damaged n95 laying around myself
    Was around 37EUR. Didn't look around much to be honest but it was just gonna sit on a shelf otherwise and get thrown out in 5 years so may as well get some money now.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭browne_rob5

How do these guys (envirofone & money4urmobile) actually make money from the phones that they buy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭dubmick

How do these guys (envirofone & money4urmobile) actually make money from the phones that they buy?

I was wondering about this myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Either refurb and sell them in poorer countries or take all the precious metals out of em and parts and sell them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭browne_rob5

Wouldn't have thought there was money to be made in those ways.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Wouldn't have thought there was money to be made in those ways.

Thanks

One mans rubbish, is another mans gold and all that :pac:

Even Gamestop are taking mobiles in for cash

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Im gonna get rid of my 6500 thru these guys too! (envirofone) how long will I be waiting to get the money into paypal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

On the site it says normal wear and tear is acceptable. How much wear and tear are we talking about here does anyone know? I have an N95 8GB, the screen has lots of little scrapes on it and some of the corners are marked from falls. Plus the nokia logo on the back is faded.

I'd consider that normal wear and tear for a 2 year old phone but will they just offer me a crappy price after I've sent it to them ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

draffodx wrote: »
    It will be locked so it can only use Meteor sims

Most of the HTC hero's sold by meteor were sold unlocked although some of the later ones were locked.

The only way to test is to put another sim into it and see...

They can be easily unlocked online for a small fee (approx e10)

Advertisement