Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So where do we want our shinny new PokéForum?

Options
  • 22-01-2010 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭

At the title says.
    I've decided to make a poll so we can really see where this thread belongs.

Not being a mod, I can't guarantee it will move to where is voted top.
    I'll set it to close in a week30 days* so new comers can have their say.

Vote now!
    Cian.

PEOPLE THAT VOTE FOR PALLET TOWN ARE NOT VOTING FOR GAMES.
    Ignore D4RK ONION
    :rolleyes:

*woops

Where do yo want to fly to? 31 votes

Television
    0% 0 votes
    Games
    6% 2 votes
    Pallet Town
    93% 29 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Pallet Town is where it truly belongs ;)

I suppose Games as that is the main topic of discussion. And then just allow Card and TV show discussion aswell.

I wouldn't bother the Admins with it just yet though, due to recent events :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Hahaha, yeah, that's a very good point.
    Well, thanks to my little cock-up, they have 30 days of a poll to wait for.:rolleyes:

Could a mod Sticky this please?
    Just so people don't miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Pallet Town :( Good times there, Gary wasn't the best guy there but he made the place really feel like home,
    Where will Pallet Town be located on Boards?

M&S* wrote: »
    Pallet Town :( Good times there, Gary wasn't the best guy there but he made the place really feel like home,
    Where will Pallet Town be located on Boards?

Arts and Crafts? :rolleyes:

Bah-dum tssh!

(You're not getting thanks for that btw :P)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Why am I unsurprised that pallet town has the most votes :P

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Why am I unsurprised that pallet town has the most votes :P

Because you know that's where it should be!

Yes but this was meant to be a semi serious poll! I'm going to go ahead and assume that people who vote pallet town voted for games :)

Yes but this was meant to be a semi serious poll! I'm going to go ahead and assume that people who vote pallet town voted for games :)

I think that you're safe to assume so :)

Edited the first post.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Okay take one vote from Pallet Town and add it onto games,
    Enough is enough Pokémon does not belong in Television

There may be a positive with being in Television.
    This way we get to build the forum slowly.Most forums who start off have huge traffic that dwindles after a month.
    If we move to Gaming now then there will be a lot of people coming on and probably talking about Jigglypuff.
    Until we get.
    1, Permanent Moderator
    2, A good core of regular posters.
    3, A refined charter (input needed)

Once those things are done then we would be ready for most things a new forum has to contend with.

Let it grow too big in the one place and I imagine it's a pain to move. Whether the place has a massive boom and calms down or slowly builds up, you're going to end up with about the same kind of posts tbh.

I don't see why moving it would bring more users.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

I might be new to this forum, but dare I suggest if this Forum was to move, the best options for Pokémon would be either Gaming, Anime&Manga, or Roleplaying->RPG Threads, since Pokémon fits into all these catagories.

I only found out that this place exists about 10 minutes ago, so there's no need to go mad for my suggestions here. To tell the truth, I've been trying to find a hive of Irish Poképlayers for the last few months and it never dawned on me to try here. Here was me trying PokéCharms, Serebii, Wiffy and Smogon for the last few months... >_<

I think there's less frequenters to certain sections of the games forum so just while it's in the early stages it's probably better off here in TV so more people will find it here, then once we've built up a community of regulars, we can ask for it to be moved.

The main question here is, when you look for pokemon and you haven't been to this forum before, do you think, "oh pokemon, the game series" or "oh pokemon, the tv series". Which ever question we think people are going to ask more, it should be in the respective forum. :) It's all about bringing in new people

I might be new to this forum, but dare I suggest if this Forum was to move, the best options for Pokémon would be either Gaming, Anime&Manga, or Roleplaying->RPG Threads, since Pokémon fits into all these catagories.

I only found out that this place exists about 10 minutes ago, so there's no need to go mad for my suggestions here. To tell the truth, I've been trying to find a hive of Irish Poképlayers for the last few months and it never dawned on me to try here. Here was me trying PokéCharms, Serebii, Wiffy and Smogon for the last few months... >_<

Welcome! :)
    As you've probably guessed by now, we're all mad for Pokémon in here, so you've come to the right place.;)

Your suggestion is as valid as anyone else's.
    There's a thread for trading and battling around somewhere, if you're a DS player you should swap your FriendCode with the others.

One of these days I'm going to get my WiFi connection to work... One day. :(

The main question here is, when you look for pokemon and you haven't been to this forum before, do you think, "oh pokemon, the game series" or "oh pokemon, the tv series". Which ever question we think people are going to ask more, it should be in the respective forum. :) It's all about bringing in new people

Well, that's a question to be asked my our newest member, I reckon.

Buzzthebatgirl, your input?

To tell the truth, I've been trying to find a hive of Irish Poképlayers for the last few months and it never dawned on me to try here. Here was me trying PokéCharms, Serebii, Wiffy and Smogon for the last few months... >_<

Well hopefully you've found it :D

We should (hopefully) gain a strong community on this forum where all of that will be dealt with :)

• Advertisement

CianRyan wrote: »
    Welcome! :)
    As you've probably guessed by now, we're all mad for Pokémon in here, so you've come to the right place.;)
    I kind of noticed with this EPIC THREAD :D, it's nice to find players who are not just 12-16 years old trying to fill a Pokédex and hack shinies.
    Your suggestion is as valid as anyone else's.
    There's a thread for trading and battling around somewhere, if you're a DS player you should swap your FriendCode with the others.
    I'm an all platforms player, oh the nerdiness of it all! I should just add all my FCs to my signature, that might be the handiest, juggling 4 DS FCs and 2 PBR FCs gets a little crazy
    One of these days I'm going to get my WiFi connection to work... One day. :(
    I have a friend that uses the Nintendo dongle and that works for him. I use my connection with UPC and that works fine. My folks have Eircom and that has serious hate issues with my DS.

I kind of noticed with this EPIC THREAD :D, it's nice to find players who are not just 12-16 years old trying to fill a Pokédex and hack shinies.
    Aagh, I don't know how people can use cheats, it kills the game!!
    I like a good challenge. 5 tries and I still haven't caught Heatran, that bastard.
    I'm an all platforms player, oh the nerdiness of it all! I should just add all my FCs to my signature, that might be the handiest, juggling 4 DS FCs and 2 PBR FCs gets a little crazy
    Holy crap, I'll only have one! :eek:
    I only got my DS at Christmas and I only have Platinum, atm.
    More games needed, A.S.A.P.
    I have a friend that uses the Nintendo dongle and that works for him. I use my connection with UPC and that works fine. My folks have Eircom and that has serious hate issues with my DS.

I think it's my router that's stopping it from working.
    It'll tell me I have full signal for about 1 seconds and then the signal drops to nothing and it wont work.:(

It's stopping me using so much of the game's/DS's potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

I don't think anyone would assume we had a pokemon forum

It's in a good spot at the top in the Television forum

Besides, the whole PokeBoom stemmed from the TV Show, on Sky one, back in the day!

I seriously think it'll lose out to lots of new members

Obviously it doesnt affect us who are already here, so why bother!

unreggd wrote: »
    I don't think anyone would assume we had a pokemon forum

It's in a good spot at the top in the Television forum
    Depending on screen res/skin being used, that "spot" is going to be different for everyone, but that's actually unimportant.
    Besides, the whole PokeBoom stemmed from the TV Show, on Sky one, back in the day!
    Yeah, but this isn't back in the day, and the only reason it's still going is the games.
    Obviously it doesnt affect us who are already here, so why bother!
    As I said in the post you addressed, this isn't about those who are already here, it's about new people finding the place, and you'd be surprised what people "think" is here and what they don't. :) I never thought there'd be a Guitar Hero forum when I joined up, for instance.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'm on the road to VIRIDIAN CITY!

Also, games.

Not on the old school Game Boy with the ACTUAL games (released in Japan February 27, 1996, States September 1, 1998 and Europe October 5, 1999) that predate the show (again Japan April 1, 1997 and States September 8, 1998)?
    Source 1
    Sorce 2
    I seriously think it'll lose out to lots of new members
    I only joined this site last night and as a player would NEVER have dreamed of looking under Television for Pokémon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

There's nothing to discuss regarding the televisions series. I don't know if it's still going, and if it is, is anyone here watching it? It's all about the games.

Yep, still going strong, mostly in Japan though. I personally haven't watched it in a long long time.

A Neurotic wrote: »
    There's nothing to discuss regarding the televisions series. I don't know if it's still going, and if it is, is anyone here watching it? It's all about the games.
    I try to avoid the English Dub, the voice acting is deadful IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I try to avoid the English Dub, the voice acting is deadful IMO
    I heard it got many times worse a while back when NoA switched the dubbing to some cheaper, crappier company and fired all the established actors.

It's true that a lot of people got into it because of the show which might have been on Sky1 a bit before the European versions of Red and Blue were released.
    However it seems that most discussion about it would stem from simple nostalgia and from the novelty of discussion. It holds a pretty limited amount of discussion relative to the games.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement