Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Annadale restaurant has closed.

• 22-01-2010 11:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭

This was a great chinese restaurant. Unfortunaty I've learned today it has closed down.

Great food, staff. Many a great nights there :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Never heard about the Annadale closing. I always thought it suffered from it's location. I usually use Famous in the village myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Location was always an issue alright, there's nothing else around it :( pity it's closed though, wonder is it temporary?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Location was always an issue alright, there's nothing else around it :( pity it's closed though, wonder is it temporary?

24 HR maccers next door to it doesn't help either tbh. Maybe they'll re-open when things hopefully pick up in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭manc

I think you might find it in the middle of Leixlip now, the chinese over the Spar shop was been renamed Annadale before christmas, I just thought they were expanding as the one in Lucan was so good.

The last time I saw it the name over the door and on the walls outside were changed but the canopy over the windows had the old name on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

manc wrote: »
    I think you might find it in the middle of Leixlip now, the chinese over the Spar shop was been renamed Annadale before christmas, I just thought they were expanding as the one in Lucan was so good.

The last time I saw it the name over the door and on the walls outside were changed but the canopy over the windows had the old name on it.

Yeah got a menu through the door! Happy days :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭big dan

The owners of the old annadale now have the place above spar in leixlip. Called the Alanadale.

Was in there before xmas. The food is miles better than in the old anadale. Best Chinese around. oh and the fried rice is the best I ever had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

Many a romantic meal I had in Annadales. Grub there was gorgeous. Probably suffered a bit from the location. Pity it's gone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

will be missed - oops just saw open in Leixlip - happy days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

The manager, head chef and most of the waiting staff from Annadale left back in October and opened a new restaurant in Leixlip - Alanadale. Annadale, which was my favourite restaurant in the area, went fairly crap fairly fast and I'm not surprised to see it's closed. Alanadale is fantastic - same food and same menu as the old place. Just a shame that crispy honey chicken is not walking distance from me anymore. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭the_one_&_only

bogmanfan wrote: »
    The manager, head chef and most of the waiting staff from Annadale left back in October and opened a new restaurant in Leixlip - Alanadale. Annadale, which was my favourite restaurant in the area, went fairly crap fairly fast and I'm not surprised to see it's closed. Alanadale is fantastic - same food and same menu as the old place. Just a shame that crispy honey chicken is not walking distance from me anymore. ;)

Ditto it used to be great to eat the and walk home. Those were the days

But the Alanadale is very good and i'd defo recommend it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

r3nu4l wrote: »

What I heard was that the Manager and the Owners had a falling out- which was when Alana (the Manager) was approached by the owners of the Amber Regent in Leixlip- and jumped ship taking anyone that was half decent with her. The owners of 'The Cottage' (Annadale Cottage) put the restaurant on the market, continuing to run it as a going concern. Aoife and myself visited last October- and swore we'd not return. The food was only mediocre- and I was convinced they overcharged me (but didn't want to make a scene).

Its nice to see that they overhauled the menu from the Amber Regent- as part of the rebranding, and as soon as Aoife is up to eating out again- its high up on our list of places.

Alana was lovely- when she first heard Aoife was ill over 3 years ago- she presented her with a string of Chinese goodluck dragons and told her the story of how the dragon was going to protect her. Aoife always used make sure she was on duty before going down, and we were so pleased when she came back (I think she was nursing her ill mother).

I'm not counting down the days 'till we visit Alanadale- but I have driven into Leixlip several times just to check it out :)

Shane

Advertisement