Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

opinions on this bag?

• 22-01-2010 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hey guys I've recently been looking for a nice black bag and I've come across this guess bag.The only thing is I cant decide if it might be a lil bit tacky?So just wanted to see what your opinion of it would be..?thanks!
    http://www.makeupandbeauty.ie/chicago-update/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Personally, I don't like it.

What puts me off, is a few chavs in my town have similar bags, and their bags look cheap and tacky, and you could probably get similar in Penneys.:o

Sorry, I don't mean to put you off, it's just my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

-Orlaith- wrote: »
    Personally, I don't like it.

What puts me off, is a few chavs in my town have similar bags, and their bags look cheap and tacky, and you could probably get similar in Penneys.:o

Sorry, I don't mean to put you off, it's just my opinion.

I agree - i've seen way nicer sorry....:) i don't really like shiny bags so much - a lot of the time they can look tacky - it depends though some can be nice but not this one IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

It's not very classic looking.

You are worried that it may be a bit tacky - you may be right....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

Yeah I have to admit I'm not keen on it either, think guess bags are way overpriced considering they're not leather.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

I have to agree with the others, i think i your interested in getting a guess handbag theres definitely nicer ones. Not quite sure what it is about it... maybe the chains make it look a bit cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

id agree... i think its the shinyness. The bag has a slouchy, casual look to it so it definatly shouldnt be shiny. Just my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭hatethisfeeling

Thanks for your help guys!any opinions on where to buy a good bag?Have looked in river island etc but not very impressed with what they have tbh..any good websites or anything for bags?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

TK Maxx always has a great selection of designer bags at good prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

i quite like it. & i am not a "chav".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

I don't like it. I do like the one on the bottom row, 2nd from right in this though http://xml.riverisland.com/flash/content.php

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Limerickgal82

Im sorry to say i dont like it either :( But if you like it then that is all that matters !! TX Maxx do great bags. If you are heading to states any time soon they have nicer and cheaper GUESS bags :D

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭chenguin

I dont like it either but not because it looks like something a ''chav'' would own, its just not my taste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I don't like it either to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I would go for a more classic style. Did you have a look in BT's at the DNKY ones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I don't like guess bags at all. They always look cheap and tacky. In that price range I like DKNY bags. TK Maxx are really great for leather bags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Tack! But I hate Guess bags anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Stella777

It just has too much going on at the same time: Metal chains, shininess, some sort of texture to the leather, what looks like studs, a big metal "G"...

One or two of these might good, but all together and it's overkill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭KatiexKOUTURE--

Meh, its okay.. But if you're going to spend that kind of money on a bag I'd go for something nicer. I was looking on ASOS today, they have some really nice ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Sparklebox

If your worried its tacky and think its tacky, then it probably is tacky! I usually like guess bags but have seen different style ones than the one in the picture that might be less erm boderline tacky.....just think if your having doubts about it your prob better off not buying it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I personally would say it's a tad tacky, but I generally have little time for Guess bags, anyway! I'd agree with Stella777 about it all being too much!

There are definitely much nicer bags around for that price, or less! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭xxlplease

Enii wrote: »
    TK Maxx always has a great selection of designer bags at good prices.

I agree. TK Maxx is the best value for money when it comes to bags. I like great quality, big leather bags. Got beautiful Rossanti bag four years ago in there- have been wearing it all the time and it still makes some of my friends jelous. I got it for the quater of its original value. Money well spent.

Advertisement