Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

username mis-match with email address

Options
  • 22-01-2010 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

Evening all,

my user name for boards that I've been using is "bullets"
    I'm a paid subscriber and my email addy is <snipped email> for user name "bullets"
    Frequenting mainly the airsoft and shooting boards.

When I try to reset my password I keep getting a renewed password for user name "bullets.ie" this was a user name I had ages ago before I subscribed as a paid member that I never ended up using.

It looks like I have two different user names linked to one email address. "bullets" (my propper one) and "bullets.ie"
    the older one I never used.

User name "bullets" is what I have been using and what I've paid for and used as a main account and what I thought was linked to my email adress. It has all my post history and post count so do not want to loose it.

What can I do to be able to access my normal regular "bullets" username account? every time I try to reset password it only offers me to enter my email addy which results in letting me access this account that I am posting from and NOT my normal every day account.

How do I get back to posting as bullets and not bullets.ie ?

Thanks in advance!
    ~B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I've removed the email address from public consumption :)

Your best bet would be to mail hello@boards.ie with the info. The guys are currently trying to help quite a few people with email issues, but they'll respond as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Cheers thanks!

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I can confirm that the email addresses associated with both accounts are different. It's another email address you need to remember.

Your best bet is still to do exactly what Buffybot suggested.

As the bullets account is linked to another email address, if you can remember what that email address is, that's the one you enter. As long as you keep entering the email address you typed above (since removed from the post), it'll always offer you a password reset for the bullets.ie account.

Advertisement