Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fame: The Musical

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

That caoimhe girl is not good enough at all :confused:

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Is this slow song week or a ?? Every time I turn it over, all the songs are quite slow?

edit - just turned over now, Rain on my Parade is faster!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

It's like 'Quicksilver' come back to life!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

How is caoimhe still in? Feckin' campaigns...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 colinmoroney

does anyone else hear a problem with the sound every week on this show? There's a distortion every minute or so, makes the singer sound off key. wonder if it's affecting the voting...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

How is caoimhe still in? Feckin' campaigns...

Was it Stuart that sang Shine? I missed the show, but caught the highlights reel bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭GeturGun

yeah the sound is terrible - thought it was just my TV. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

What they hell is wrong with the warbelly noise returning this week. Every song started with it, I didn't see the first part of the show. I didn't notice it on last weeks episode.

I don't know why the Scottish judge wanted to keep Stuart. He ended the show sounding like a politician campaigning in an election, who ever is campaigning for Caoimhe could you please stop.

Since we know that the producers (shinawhil) are reading these comments please let us know what is wrong with your sound.

I hope Jessica wins.

does anyone else hear a problem with the sound every week on this show? There's a distortion every minute or so, makes the singer sound off key. wonder if it's affecting the voting...

Dreadful! I only caught the highlights reel at the end, and some of the singers sounded very off key, not just flat. Same with the week before!

I watched Over the Rainbow and there seems to be no problem with sound compared to Fame

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Dreadful! I only caught the highlights reel at the end, and some of the singers sounded very off key, not just flat. Same with the week before!

I watched Over the Rainbow and there seems to be no problem with sound compared to Fame

It sounds great in the Helix. Must just be at home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I have been gripped by 'Over the Rainbow' for the last eight weeks, and just once or twice have I taken a look at 'Fame the Musical', and I am sorry to say that its just not in the same league as OTR, (maybe I shouldn't compare), last night being a prime example of a very basic production, very poor TV sound, plus silly asides by Derek Mooney, and finally the massive 'Faux Pas' fifteen minutes into the results show; see here http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1072384 . . . Ouch :o

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The big shocker of the evening happened during the results show when a lack of communication led to Stuart being told he was safe and that Conleth had received the fewest votes. But low and behold Derek had to call Stuart back to tell him there had been a mistake and it was he who was in the bottom two. Conleth was visibly flummoxed and we couldn’t believe our ears. This is live TV though people! And the show must go on. Like a true professional Stuart graciously accepted this defeat and joined Sarah for the second time in the Sing Off for Survival. Both of the finalists put on an excellent performance but faced with ‘an impossible decision’ reluctantly the Judges voted Stuart off two to one.

Bye Bye Stuart

Camelot wrote: »
    I have being gripped by 'Over the Rainbow' for the last eight weeks, and just once or twice have I taken a look at 'Fame the Musical', and I am sorry to say that its just not in the same league as OTR, (maybe I shouldn't compare), last night being a prime example of a very basic production, very poor TV sound, plus silly asides by Derek Mooney, and finally the massive 'Faux Pas' fifteen minutes into the results show; see here http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1072384 . . . Ouch :o

Such mistakes have happened on other shows of this type, but yes it is embarrassing but Stuart was the right choice to go.

I have to say that the girls in OTR are very annoying at times, but then going back to what I have said before about musicals - they are pretty crap. Show emotion in your face while you sing :rolleyes: its like they are all emoticons.

But yes the production values from Shinawhil remain dreadful (as they do in all shinawhil productions), the set is actually just as good as OTR only no one seems to be manning the lights to let the audience see the bloody set, and the contestants have no lights shinning on them, its like they haven't got a spot light.

And yes Derek Mooney's asides are dreadfully unfunny and he needs to stand up straight. Sorry I am being very critical.

Was it Stuart that sang Shine? I missed the show, but caught the highlights reel bit.

Yeah he did sing shine AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Alex.C

Elmo wrote: »
    Such mistakes have happened on other shows of this type, but yes it is embarrassing but Stuart was the right choice to go.

I have to say that the girls in OTR are very annoying at times, but then going back to what I have said before about musicals - they are pretty crap. Show emotion in your face while you sing :rolleyes: its like they are all emoticons.

But yes the production values from Shinawhil remain dreadful (as they do in all shinawhil productions), the set is actually just as good as OTR only no one seems to be manning the lights to let the audience see the bloody set, and the contestants have no lights shinning on them, its like they haven't got a spot light.

And yes Derek Mooney's asides are dreadfully unfunny and he needs to stand up straight. Sorry I am being very critical.

Some of the girls on Over the Rainbow can be annoying but I really don't think you can blame musicals, just because the girls are not quite there. Obviously they should show emotion while they sing... Hello! Acting.. I don't think they're crap but then again I'm biased as I love musicals as you're probably biased because you don't.

Well the other shows were fine, last nights just painted the whole production in a bad light. The talent is still good. Hollie was fantastic again, an all rounder, loved her showing a different side. Jessica's also a beautiful singer, the rest I have issue with but none are awful. Of the boys, it's right that Stuart went, the others are all good, but I think Conleth sticks out.

Alex.C wrote: »
    Obviously they should show emotion while they sing... Hello! Acting.. I don't think they're crap but then again I'm biased as I love musicals as you're probably biased because you don't.

Yeah but it shouldn't be soooo obvious, its kind of like you adding Hello! mid sentence and my use of multiple oh's at the end of the word so :)

But yes I might be a bit bias against musicals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Alex.C

Yeah but it shouldn't be soooo obvious, its kind of like you adding Hello! mid sentence and my use of multiple oh's at the end of the word so :)

But yes I might be a bit bias against musicals.

I guess a big thing about this as well though is that musical theatre is, obviously, meant for the stage. Sitting in the audience of a theatre you may not find those girls annoying as their 'emotion' would fill the stage. On TV it may not translate in the same way as we're used to subtlety on our televisions. Unless you're a musical fan, I dunno.. maybe it just doesn't come across through the screen as well as the stage?

Yeah he did sing shine AFAIK.

Thanks, saw it in the paper that he did - I thought when he hit the big chorus, he sounded extremely off key, so much so I winced - though it is probably the poor quality of sound through the TV

Thanks, saw it in the paper that he did - I thought when he hit the big chorus, he sounded extremely off key, so much so I winced - though it is probably the poor quality of sound through the TV

I have to say I didn't notice the sound as much during the Live show, it did appear during the Sing Off where the warbellying noise is very evident IMO.

Listening to it back it sounds like he is a weak singer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Gibson101

I think Shinawil do so many reality shows and do them very well, but the production could be better. Derek Mooney as a presenter is a shocking decision. He looks so uncomfortable. They should of got someone like Ray D'arcy or Laura Whitmore (Assuming she could get out of her MTV Contract).

• Advertisement

Gibson101 wrote: »
    I think Shinawil do so many reality shows and do them very well, but the production could be better.

Shinawil have never produced a single good Reality TV series. The series are only good because of the either the talent or the format involved. The Apprentice is the badly produced in comparison to other international versions of the same show, You're Star always failed to step up to the mark and Dragon's Den seems a bit off production wise. I really don't see why they get commissions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bubbles88

Jessica & Michael to win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Although Conleth and Ben are amazing too!!

Oh and this show would be ONE MILLION times better if Ray D'arcy was presenting it... LOVE him!

Shinawil have never produced a single good Reality TV series. The series are only good because of the either the talent or the format involved. The Apprentice is the badly produced in comparison to other international versions of the same show, You're Star always failed to step up to the mark and Dragon's Den seems a bit off production wise. I really don't see why they get commissions.

I think the Irish Version of "The Apprentice" is a very good show and have to disagree with you on this one. Yes some of the other productions maybe the production value could of been better, but are they given the money and the resources to make it so.

Gibson101 wrote: »
    I think the Irish Version of "The Apprentice" is a very good show and have to disagree with you on this one. Yes some of the other productions maybe the production value could of been better, but are they given the money and the resources to make it so.

The Apprentice is a good format but if you look at other international version of the series you will see that the production values are very amateurish.

Shinawhil are given the resources and money to make it happen.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055848777

I actually think the sound improved tonight. The contestants are very talented. Coimhe did improve tonight.

Now for a spotlight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I actually think the sound improved tonight. The contestants are very talented. Coimhe did improve tonight. Now for a spotlight.

Agreed Caoimhe improved tonight.. She should have definitely been gone the first night. Hollie is an incredible singer. No interest in the lads ... thought yer man Drew should have won .. so whoever wins is gonna be the second best ..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Michael and Jessica would be my ideal two as well.

Typically tonight would be the night that I thought Hollie finally came good and Ben started to look like a potential leading man, and then that happens.

I wasn't expecting that result at all. Hollie and Ben for me have been absolutely breathtaking in what they've been doing and its a shame, she's gone now. Where do they go now?

The guys that are left in the show do not scream leading men at me at all. The girls are fantastic but the lads are a let down. They can all sing don't get me wrong, but the only person that had the looks was gone within the first week :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Jaysus if Caoimhe doesnt go home tonight they may as well pack up the show.. She's been in it two weeks too long already..

• Advertisement

Jaysus if Caoimhe doesnt go home tonight they may as well pack up the show.. She's been in it two weeks too long already..

Felt sorry for her tonight.

Even one of the judges is pointing out the issues with the sound. :rolleyes:

Advertisement