Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fame: The Musical

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Even one of the judges is pointing out the issues with the sound.
    I dunno El, I think it would be bad either way. She seems to have a lot of trouble singing in tune while dancing, which to be fair is hard enough thing to do. I think she is simply not as good as the others, whether it's natural talent or the schooling that the others have had. She did look well tonight all the same, nice dress and a fine pair of legs.

Unfortunately for both her and the competition, I think she will carry the Dublin vote again this week. Seems to have a huge following.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Well not for her on the sound, more so the fact she had no backing dancing and yet the song was about dancing with some one???

Elmo wrote: »
    Well not for her on the sound, more so the fact she had no backing dancing and yet the song was about dancing with some one???
    Yeh that was certainly very odd alright.. made the whole thing seem even more awkward.

Sean and Caoimhe to sing off... imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Gibson101

Caoimhe was definitely the right person to go tonight. Thought she's been poor throughout the competition and much stronger competitors had been eliminated.The show was a little hit and miss tonight IMO.

Derek Mooney bugs the s**t out of me. He looks so awkward when he's presenting. He looks like he should be calling out bingo numbers in the local community centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Caoimhe's performance in the sing-off was her best of the entire competition. She was strong and steady, maybe because there was nothing left to lose or something. She was the right person to go, but I'm really glad she went out on a high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

2 weeks too late Caoimhe.

Would have lost all faith in the show if she'd been kept over Conlath.

Caoimhe didn't come across as if she want to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

Really miss Hollie :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Clare Bear wrote: »
    That Robert C Kelly guy is an utter knob. Why do so many judges on these shows try to be Simon Cowell. He's just coming across as trying too hard to be the "mean judge" but he's just showing himself as a complete tosser :rolleyes:

Otherwise, some good talent out there.

I think we gotta have a mean judge. The other two are two nice even if the performance is ****e. I don't think Erica has said a bad word about any of them.
    Simon just agrees with her no matter what she says.

Really miss Hollie :(

I miss her too. That last song didn't do her any favours though.

• Advertisement

Personally i'm hoping Seans time is up tonight.

That leaves the three best lads to battle it out.
    Couldn't care less about the girls although i'd like Sarah or Jessica to win it with Ben.

Personally i'm hoping Seans time is up tonight.

That leaves the three best lads to battle it out.
    Couldn't care less about the girls although i'd like Sarah or Jessica to win it with Ben.

Don't ****ing campaign for someone to win. :mad:

Not to sound like Joe Duffy (who devalue every complimentary adjective by overuse), but Ben was magnificent, spectacular, brilliant.... so by the tradition that has emerged on this show, he will probably be going home this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Ammonite

Can't take to Conleth at all. He has a great voice, but comes across as too rehearsed and false or something and not a charismatic or interesting perfomer IMO.

Jessica and Sarah are really talented I think.

I think yer man Michael is a good performer, but not a leading man. Ben is the best of the boys left IMO

I thought Conleth was very very good considering how uncomfortable he was about it beforehand.

Jessica is pretty, but too big to be a leading lady. Having said that she gave the song her all and should be commended for that. But like I said, she's not the right shape for a leading lady.

I thought Conleth was very very good considering how uncomfortable he was about it beforehand.

Jessica is pretty, but too big to be a leading lady. Having said that she gave the song her all and should be commended for that. But like I said, she's not the right shape for a leading lady.

I think that's a load of bollocks.

I thought tonights show was brilliant. Really entertaining and immensely enjoyable. I thought sean's performance was the weakest from the guys and the girls, I thought they were all pretty strong. I'm not sure on the comment about Jessica been too big to be a leading lady. I think that's absolute nonsense .

Conleth for me was the most charismatic performer out of all the lads and I could see him easily doing well in the west end. He was very noble and gracious in defeat and I felt he got a hard time been in the bottom two all the time. Parochial Ireland at its finest.

Michael is a great performer but I'm not sure he's leading man material. Ben for me should win it now, but I haven't seen him dance too much and I think he needs to dance and act more so we can see a more rounded performer as with any west end show, he needs to show off his acting and dancing skills, not just his singing talent as he has that in abundance.

Gibson101 wrote: »
    Conleth for me was the most charismatic performer out of all the lads and I could see him easily doing well in the west end. He was very noble and gracious in defeat and I felt he got a hard time been in the bottom two all the time. Parochial Ireland at its finest.

What about the other Northerner who hasn't been in the bottom 2 so far?

Don't ****ing campaign for someone to win. :mad:

Look if you have a favourite you vote for them or dont vote at all, nobody is forcing you to. Its just for an interest. But dont tell me what to do, thats my business not yours. I happen to have a friend or two in the competition and am obviously going to be doing everything i can to help the both of them get to the Grand Canal Theatre.

I'm not going to stop because you tell me not to do it because it makes you :mad:

Every one of the remaining finalists have campaigns going. If we didn't try to keep up we would already have had our guys sent home so your attitude is nonsensical. Be better to have less of your moaning and more voting for whoever you think is the best.

On another note. Credit where credits due Jessica was absolutely amazing tonight and totally blew the others out of the water. I really liked Sarahs 'defying gravity although a friend who i was with in the Helix thought it was rubbish. Personally i thought Sean was the weakest of the guys and that Ben was the strongest. Michael didn't put a foot wrong either just didn't like the song. Have to congratulate Conleth on his gracious exit, i couldn't have put it better myself if i was up there going out. Took a real professional to say what he did and act like a true gentleman before he even sang the duet. He did mix up the words a bit but covered it well nobody really noticed except those of us who have heard it every week.

Competition is getting very stiff.

Look if you have a favourite you vote for them or dont vote at all, nobody is forcing you to. Its just for an interest. My favourite person in the competition also happens to be a friend why wouldn't i do everything i can to help?

It was more your signature that was the issue. I don't mind people here stating who they think people should vote for, but I just think campaigning is not good for such shows.
    Every one of the remaining finalists have campaigns going. If we didn't try to keep up we would already have had our guys sent home. Be better to have less of your moaning and more voting to keep the Dubs in it (assuming your from Dublin) as the country folk are voting in droves.

3 of the remaining 6 are from Dublin, while Meath, Waterford and Down are represented outside the Dublin. Dublin seems to be doing quite well.

Campaigning is just feeding the Parochial nature of such voting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Be better to have less of your moaning and more voting to keep the Dubs in it (assuming your from Dublin) as the country folk are voting in droves.

Why on earth would you vote for someone based purely on where they're from? Its a talent show ffs. You vote for the person you think is the best.

What about the other Northerner who hasn't been in the bottom 2 so far?

She's possibly had a better campaign then Conleth and I think the people of Down are a lot more supportive then from where Conleth is from.

3 of the remaining 6 are from Dublin, while Meath, Waterford and Down are represented outside the Dublin. Dublin seems to be doing quite well.

Campaigning is just feeding the Parochial nature of such voting.

Excuse me i'm getting my campaigning lines mixed up. There is only one male entrant left from Dublin.

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Why on earth would you vote for someone based purely on where they're from? Its a talent show ffs. You vote for the person you think is the best.

I completely agree with what you are saying here. But as Robert has said for weeks and weeks that is not how the voting is happening. A prime example is Holly. Limerick didn't get behind holly and even though she was probably the second most talented singer/actress and dancer combination in the show she was gone in no time. Exactly the same with Drew the first week. I don't thing i've ever heard 'empty chairs at empty tables' from Les Miserables sung with such passion despite seeing the show many times. He was voted out as people couldn't vote from Scotland/London.

I do vote for the people i think are the best each week but they both happen to be from Dublin.

From what i have seen i can say that people in Dublin don't seem to have the same time/awareness for programmes like this. Maybe this is due to having other things on during a Sunday afternoon. Where as people down the country have a more closely knit group and once a person is in something it almost becomes important to the community to battle and get that person to the top and a massive rally effort is organized regardless of whether the person is talented at all or not.

If one was to have the same effect in Dublin you have to get off your arse and create a buzz around it, even if it means mentioning getting behind the local Dublin acts. I mean lets face it Sarah Jessica and Ben are all amazing acts so i have no qualms about saying it. Thats what they are saying down the country why shouldn't we use the same tactics here?

Seán was weak. He's not a great dancer either. I really liked Jessica and Sarah. Róisín was better than normal but she's not as good as Jessica and Sarah. Ben is m favourite guy at the moment. And with regards Jessica being too big to be a leading lady that's bull****, she's very slim! :eek: just not really skinny

Also delighted Conleth is gone. There's something very fake about the way he performs while he is technically good there's just something :/

Also delighted Conleth is gone. There's something very fake about the way he performs while he is technically good there's just something :/

I have to say I found the same. I really liked him in the audition stages, he seemed very genuine and unassuming. I don't know what changed, but I couldn't warm to him again at all during the live shows.

I didnt really see this until I went looking for it (after reading the comments here), but I can see what ye mean. I thought his Maria was excellent tonight though, horrible song to sing but he did a great job, despite his dancer nearly falling at the start (did anyone else see that).

I think Robert will be disappointed if he ends up with Sean and Jessica as his Nick & Serena. Sean reminds me a lot of Mark Owen, but he's not a leading man. Drew & Sarah were probably the best choice for the roles, but Drew is gone since the first week. And it looks like they are gonna have to save Sarah every week, if that's possible.

The standard of the competition, compared to something like You're A Star, is incredible. Really talented young people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 lizara

I think that the talent in this show knocks You're A Star, X Factor and all those other pop talent shows out of the water.

However, I can't stand the way they throw in contestants from all over Ireland just to get a good spread across the country. The only reason Chaoimhe was let in was because she's from Cork or somewhere, Roisin is not great and they just put her in because the other Northern girl Susan couldn't do it. That annoys me soooo much about these kinds of talent shows.

The other thing that is awful about these shows is, as loads of people mentioned, the regional voting. To be honest, I think the public telephone voting system is a joke as talent never reigns through. Holly left so soon and she was possibly the best! For Sarah and Conleth to be in the bottom two after their outstanding performances was a joke, should have been sean and roisin. I guarantee you that Robert C. Kelly will brick it if those two win the competition and I wouldn't be surprised if they do because neither of them have been in the bottom two yet.

Finally to conclude my angry rant it annoys me sooooo much that Robert C. Kelly keeps moaning about the voting results. If you want real talent to win, get rid of the voting system, you're the producer!! The judges should decide who goes through each week and I hope to God that if the show comes back next year, they do away with this voting system. That will mean that the real talent gets through + there may not be such a big emphasis on getting finalists from each province. The most talented should get through regardless of where they're from.

I have to say the show really is amazing but it could be a whole lot better if they got rid of public voting. Holly and Conleth were my favourites to win and now that they are gone I have lost all confidence, interest and respect for the show.

• Advertisement

I didnt really see this until I went looking for it (after reading the comments here), but I can see what ye mean. I thought his Maria was excellent tonight though, horrible song to sing but he did a great job, despite his dancer nearly falling at the start (did anyone else see that).

I think Robert will be disappointed if he ends up with Sean and Jessica as his Nick & Serena. Sean reminds me a lot of Mark Owen, but he's not a leading man. Drew & Sarah were probably the best choice for the roles, but Drew is gone since the first week. And it looks like they are gonna have to save Sarah every week, if that's possible.

The standard of the competition, compared to something like You're A Star, is incredible. Really talented young people.

Completely agree. Drew was my favourite to win it and to see him eliminated within the first week was ridiculous. If he sang like that in any other audition around the world, he would of gotten the part. Ireland is the worse country in the world when it comes to parochial voting and the sooner they do away with the public votes the better.

However, they do need the public votes imo to generate revenue so they can sustain this kind of show, so can't see it happening any time soon unfortunately.

I think Ben and Sarah should win the show now but I can't see it happening. Mickey Jo is great but he's no leading man.

Advertisement