Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fame: The Musical

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Gibson101 wrote: »
    Ireland is the worse country in the world when it comes to parochial voting and the sooner they do away with the public votes the better.

It doesn't just happen in Ireland :rolleyes: We have seen it time and time again with public votes. All they have to do is ban campaigning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Elmo wrote: »
    It doesn't just happen in Ireland :rolleyes: We have seen it time and time again with public votes. All they have to do is ban campaigning.

Wonder if they have changed the system for the Semi Final this week? I think it's too easy for the producers to say "oh we'll let the audience vote for the winner", and then cream off the profits from the texting. But they end up with unfair, parochial voting, and the best person nearly never wins. They need to adopt a system like Strictly Come Dancing, so that the judges at least decide who the bottom two are.

I want to see one of the girls doing this:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Gibson101

They need to adopt a system like Strictly Come Dancing, so that the judges at least decide who the bottom two are.

Great idea. Maybe you mail the producers with that idea. It would definitely work while keeping the respectability & Credibility of the show intact.

oh man they've made the judging worse.. No sing off tonight.. The two bottom people in the votes GO STRAIGHT HOME. Sarah, who imo is the best female, will be packing her bags..

oh man they've made the judging worse.. No sing off tonight.. The two bottom people in the votes GO STRAIGHT HOME. Sarah, who imo is the best female, will be packing her bags..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055932295

Suppose we should vote tonight :pac:

• Advertisement

Sarah has been in the bottom two for the last three weeks running. What with them voting two out tonight, is there ANY way that she can stay...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Sean should have gone tonight.

I think Ben will stride through the final. He's really impressed me the last couple of weeks, and tonight he was incredible.

Michael was weak tonight, but I think he deserved to get to the final based on the overall competition.

Róisín was the right girl to go. She'd really been coming good the last couple of weeks though.

It's hard to know which of Jessica and Sarah will win it...but I have a feeling it'll be Sarah. I've been very unimpressed with her during pretty much all of the live shows, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Enid.

I want to see one of the girls doing this:

I love this song/Sutton Foster more than words can express :)

I was in the Fame School with the finalists and my favourite is Ben at the moment, such a voice! He definitely deserves the part.
    It's impossible to tell with the girls though. And with the way the voting is going...impossible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Sabbath Lily

I religiously watch the Andrew Lloyd Webber talent shows so I wanted to give this a shot, but the sound feed was awful and it seemed so inferior to Over The Rainbow. After OTR finished, I gave Fame another shot - and am so glad I did. Maybe it was because the competition was in its latter stages, but it's been superb for the most part. OK, I wish Simon and Erica would get off the fence (although Simon has shown signs of criticism lately), and anyone else other than Derek Mooney would be preferable as host, and yes it would be nice to have it in a studio instead of a live theatre where the audience can't be controlled, but I'm aware of the constraints RTE are under.

I just think it'd be an injustice if Ben doesn't win. He's wowed me these last few weeks. I preferred Conleth at first, but he just isn't a 'leading man' for me, good as he is. I've actually seen him perform - he played Lefou in Beauty and the Beast when it came to Dublin last summer, and though I didn't know who he was, I thought he was far better than the part demanded. But for once I agreed with Robert in his criticism of 'Maria' - it was just very unfocused, I didn't get any feeling of love from it at all. Vocally it was amazing, but he looked like he was being pursued or harassed rather than anything else. I haven't seen Ben live, but just from what comes across over the screen, I'd pay money to see him. And I don't even like the musical! I should point out that he's a local boy, and so I may be slightly swayed that way, but I don't know the guy at all. And I genuinely think I'd vote for him regardless of where he came from - he's just amazingly talented.

I do like Seán, and he looks the part, but he needs more training to become a lead actor at a professional level I think. Also he lacks maturity, judging from many of the songs he's chosen - he's obviously got ability, but maybe he hasn't always played to his strengths. I'd really love it if he went off to train and came back in two years time - he could be wonderful then. Having said that, he was great last week - I just think his performances are a little too patchy, you don't know what he's going to throw up next.

Too close to call between the girls for me, both of whom I really like. I really didn't like Sarah's 'Defying Gravity' at all but it was a suicidal move from the judges to give her it - no one else had half as difficult a job to deal with. 'Memory' was sheer beauty last week though. I just wonder about Sarah's persona on stage - she's really competent, but I don't know if I can tell what her Serena would be like, and I don't think any charisma is translating on screen, hence the low votes. Jessica is easier to read, she exudes personality, and with her massive fanbase, I think she'll win comfortably. I don't know if her acting is A1 though - we really haven't seen much of it. I'm sure she could carry off Serena as 'herself' very well if it comes down to it though.

but the sound feed was awful ......anyone else other than Derek Mooney would be preferable as host, and yes it would be nice to have it in a studio instead of a live theatre where the audience can't be controlled, but I'm aware of the constraints RTE are under.

There should be no real reason for a bad sound feed, bad lighting or a studio. In terms of Studio RTÉ and Shinawhil could have easily produced the show either in RTÉ or Ardmore. While we complain about TAITS it was more controlled due to the use of a studio in Ardmore during the live shows. I just think it is Shinawhil's production of all their shows, I do not see why they cannot improve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I can't really see ben and sarah as a good lead couple. Yea, they're both really talented but meh. I like sean and jessica :) Jessica will probably win it out of the girls. Don't mind which one of the lads wins it though.

Could Erica Gimpel be the nicest person in the world?

Has to be Ben and Sarah or else I'm not watching next week ;) Though overall they were a bit disappointing last week, having been incredible the week before. Hope they reach the same high standard again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

WTF was that, that was the worst case of bias I've ever seen on one of these shows, they couldn't have made it more obvious that they wanted Sarah to win.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    WTF was that, that was the worst case of bias I've ever seen on one of these shows, they couldn't have made it more obvious that they wanted Sarah to win.

Well RTE was similar in it's promoting of Niamh Kavanagh. But I certainly agree, it was a shameless nailing of the colours to the mast from all of them.

I still reckon Jessica is too big to be a leading lady, which is probably gonna have all the ladies here baying for my blood again. She's certainly talented, but not a leading lady... thought he performance with Noel Sullivan was poor enough.

I still reckon Jessica is too big to be a leading lady, which is probably gonna have all the ladies here baying for my blood again. She's certainly talented, but not a leading lady... thought he performance with Noel Sullivan was poor enough.

Well, I don't think it's a major problem. Above all else Jessica is a good looking girl. Secondly, I think you are over exaggerating in regards to her weight. I don't see it as a distraction during her performances.

Jessica and Ben.

Elmo wrote: »
    Jessica and Ben.

meh.... Sarah was the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

So much shrieking and screaming and crying.

Sometimes I think RTE just need to realise that they can't control the lives shows and should just stick to pre-recorded.

(Oh and just in case I'm wrong and it was pre-recorded: :eek:)

Congrats to Jessica and Ben. :)

amdublin wrote: »
    Sometimes I think RTE just need to realise that they can't control the lives shows and should just stick to pre-recorded. (Oh and just in case I'm wrong and it was pre-recorded: :eek:)

de nord side fairly came out in Jessica alright.. I was scaaaarleeeh for her..

• Advertisement

amdublin wrote: »

Sometimes I think RTE just need to realise that they can't control the lives shows and should just stick to pre-recorded.

(Oh and just in case I'm wrong and it was pre-recorded: :eek:)

I have to disagree, I watch some of OTR where you could barely hear Norton over the cheering. It was live and as such should take into account that there will be cheering from the audience. X-Factor makes the point of insisting that the audience never sit.

The other production values on the other hand dissappointed again. The finalist singing together seem to have half of their mics off while the 4 finalist were left muted as they began sing :mad:

Over all the talent was great and Jessica is a brilliant singer and looks great. TBH it was a hard choice over all and in the end the winners deserve their parts in the show. I hope it goes well for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Yes I thought the sound on the very first number (group) was so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So who won?

Ben and Jessica.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So who won?

Jessica and Ben.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I can't really see ben and sarah as a good lead couple. Yea, they're both really talented but meh. I like sean and jessica :) Jessica will probably win it out of the girls. Don't mind which one of the lads wins it though.

Okaaay, I'm an idiot.
    I'll admit, after seeing Ben and Sarah together during the whole "Dont stop believing" part, I really think they would have been the perfect people to win it.

Ben was absolutely fantastic tonight and deserved to win.
    Although I would have liked to see Sarah win, I really liked Jessica also. She is a great actress and singer.

Advertisement