Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Outlook Express Type Thing?

• 22-01-2010 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭

I've always used Outlook Express on any pc I've ever used probably because it was always on new pc's I bought.

I like it, well I'm probably just used to it and don't know any other.

So now I'm using Windows 7 I did google Outlook Express and it seems it's not available.

Could somebody please suggest a similar program that does the same thing and is easy enough to set up. I have about 5 e-mail addresses that I want to be accessible in the one place.

I'm out of touch with all the latest stuff available.
    I am NOT very techie so simple directions would be appreciated.

Thank You :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

If you happen to have Microsoft Office then Outlook will be available as part of that. Otherwise try Mozilla Thunderbird, it's free. Download the British English version from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Random wrote: »
    Damn, beaten to it :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Thank you very much both of you..

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

How does Windows Live Mail compare to Thunderbird?

It looks like something similar to Outlook Express

Has anybody used it?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Maximus_Laggus

Lotus Notes is another alternative to Outlook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

For the love of all that's easy to use, no. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I'd say the OP was looking for a free alternative?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

hi..

After looking at all the options..

I had a look at windows live, I forgot to mention I use messenger..

So I reckon that I'm so used to Outlook Express that window live is the closest to it.

I just set it up today and it seems good so far so I'll see how I get on with it.

I never knew what ye were all going on about whenever I saw Mozilla written down... so know at least I learnt something new! :)

Thanks again for all the suggestions.

ps: Yes it was free stuff I was after!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

may i suggest an alternative (even though you say you've already chosen).

Google allows you to check email from other email addresses and works just like your outlook express. You can also have an option to save all your emails to be available offline. I find it really helps consolidate all the email into one location that can be browsed from online (as well as having all the other features google accounts offer). I currently check in about 3 or 4 other email addresses to my google account and have a passport account so i can use the email address in msn and also have google talk (like msn but google).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Bandiman

wolfric wrote: »
    may i suggest an alternative (even though you say you've already chosen).

Google allows you to check email from other email addresses and works just like your outlook express. You can also have an option to save all your emails to be available offline. I find it really helps consolidate all the email into one location that can be browsed from online (as well as having all the other features google accounts offer). I currently check in about 3 or 4 other email addresses to my google account and have a passport account so i can use the email address in msn and also have google talk (like msn but google).

yeah outsource everything to google, they let you use their bloated JavaScript apps in return for letting them spy on you and sell your profile to an advertising company. great business model really

Advertisement