Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loughrea bottle bank

Options
  • 23-01-2010 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

These are pictures fromt the bottle site in a carpark in Loughrea town, Do people have no shame. Why do people leave their crap here when the bottle bank is full and what is the council doing about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

i see the same thing in most car parks where there is a bottle bank.
    i think if cameras were installed and the culprits fined it might cut down a bit on it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Installing cameras would probably work but would be expensive, especially when the council are low on funds. Is there not usually a number to call when the bins are full? I would pur more of the fault with the council rather than people who leave their bottles there (still wrong though). The people want to recycle, like we're all being told to do, and the council should ensure the facility has capacity enough for this to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭shnethb

Its not just bottles for recycling left, there are bags of household rubbish there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Hidden camera job and a couple of fines to pay for it should sort the problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

happens at most bottle banks. People do what they can get away with. So much for the greens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

shnethb wrote: »
    Why do people leave their crap here when the bottle bank is full and what is the council doing about it.
    Because it's convenient. People bring their bottles to the bring bank and if it's full they're not going to take the bottles home again so they just leave them there. And instead of taking the bags/boxes home they just leave them there.
    Maybe a rubbish bin for bags and boxes would help.
    You should probably ask the council about their intentions, not sure if they read boards.ie.

I'm suspect some people leave their household rubbish there because they're too cheap to have citybin.

Advertisement