Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laid To Rest

Options
  • 23-01-2010 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen this yet?I just finished it after seeing it recommended on another forum I use and I have to say I loved every second of it.It had it all,fantastic gore and special effects,little or no CGI that I noticed(apart from 1 scene near the end),an unstoppable killer with a really cool look and it was just great fun from start to finish.I cannot recommend it more to fans of simple old school slashers done well without ridiculous plot twists or without being a re/make/boot/hash of another movie.

8/10 for me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

nope not seen it but I indent to now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

I really cant recommend it highly enough.Its worth seeing for "chrome skulls" look alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Looks like a proper 21st Century Halloween, can't wait to see it now! Can I ask ned, how is the gore level? It looks right up my street but I can sometimes shy away from smart slashers, as this looks, if they needlessly up the gore too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

There is more than enough without becoming like Braindead ie totally ludicrous gore for the sake of gore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Just thinking that title could be a prono title and all....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

nedtheshed wrote: »
    There is more than enough without becoming like Braindead ie totally ludicrous gore for the sake of gore.

Deadly! Think this may be my kind've movie!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Just watched it, not bad at all... delivers what you expect, anyone into slasher movies will know. Not too Gorey but some of the scenes show what a lot of older films never did... thanks for the heads up.

Advertisement