Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding & Funeral music

Options
  • 23-01-2010 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

First, I was at a funeral recently where the flute/whistle player played a very famous tune which, I think, was an culann. First, how do you spell that tune correctly and what version of it is best? Second, what other tunes would be appropriate for a funeral. I was listening to RnaG this afternoon and they played a pipe (whistle?) version of Róisín Dubh which again seemed appropriate for a funeral. Any suggestions, especially with YouTube links, would be great.

Second, I'm getting married later this year and we now have to sort out the music so all suggestions in this regard for traditional music and songs would be brilliant.

Thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MickyBaker

Hi,

Myself and two other professional traditional musicians have a 3 piece set up where we provide traditional music for weddings.

Feel free to contact me if you might be interested.

Thanks,

Mick.

Advertisement