Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

can i use my laptop wireless card to set up a wireless network?

• 23-01-2010 1:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭

hi all,
    i've got a dell studio 1555 with win7. the wireless network card in it is a Dell Wireless 1397 WLAN mini-card. i was wondering would it be possible to create a wireless network with this card that could be used for other wireless laptops to connect to?
    i want to use it to play games over a wireless connection. is it possible or do i need to go out and buy a wireless router?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

You'll need to get a router. They are pretty cheap now anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

figured as much.
    looking to buy a cheap good one in some store somewhere. (don't have credit card so can't buy online :( ) anyone know a cheap one that is 802.11 b/g wireless capable? not looking for one with n wireless. none of my friends have that so stuck looking for a b/g one.

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=306987

Something like that should do you fine. I know thats komplett but if you walk into any computer shop they should have something similar.

Advertisement