Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to wear skiing & apres-ski?!

• 23-01-2010 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all, have just agreed to go skiing. 1st time so would love any suggestions on what to bring.
    Have read up a bit re. ski pants/gloves etc. so have some idea re ski wear, but more unsure re apres ski. Don't really dress up too much so not problem for me to go casual/jeans & a top (ie low maintnenance), but at the same time you don't want to look too frumpy do ya?!
    How cold does it get? What type of shoes are best for getting around in the evening? Hiking boots/shoes/uggs? Any advice would be great thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Jeans and jumpers. I wore my hiking boots out to the nightclub. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 slowrun

The shoes really depends on where you're going! Most resorts will have pretty much clear footpaths and you could wear boots, shoes, runners, uggs etc. Pretty much anything that's comfy (and kinda practical in case there's any ice - dont want to slip!). DEFINATELY NO HEELS!
    Some resorts may have snow everywhere in them so then you would really need boots (hiking or snow boots) rather than shoes/runners. Might also get away with Uggs. Generally shouldn't be slushy kind of snow so they should be ok.
    It probably will be cold enough but again that depends on where you go. All the buildings are really well insulated and heated in these places so you'll be toasty once inside so just a top/t-shirt with jeans or whatever for going out in the evening. If you tend to feel the cold a lot maybe bring a light fleece or a jumper/cardigan or 2 for the evenings aswell.
    Everyone just dresses super casual when they head out so don't worry about it at all! (In fact, if you saw someone really dolled up you'd think they were mad!).
    Then once you have your decent jacket for being outside you'll be fine. Also make sure you have a good hat!
    Best holiday you'll ever have!!!! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Hi OP

You know the Irish magazine "U" well they have a four page spread on skiing, fashion and tips. Page 44! Well worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kasai

Thanks for the tips Slowrun, have hiking boots, shoes etc. & lots of warm hats got plenty of airing the last few weeks. What I figured but nice to know I'm on right track.
    Will check out U magazine Foundry, at least I've a valid excuse to buy a magazine this time ;)

Looking forward to trip, I just have to be good now & work a bit on my fitness:D

Advertisement