Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Socities

Options
  • 23-01-2010 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

So, I'm a first year Arts student in UCD. I've managed to surprisingly make a few friends in lectures, however, I'm always being pushed to join societies.

However, I contacted a couple and hardly any got back to me. Especially the Arts society who emailed me a number to call to arrange a meeting, but never replied to any calls. I am looking to get involved in any society that is good fun. I'm a big party girl and love going out for a drink, but I would love to meet some sound people.

Anyone suggest how I can get "involved"? Or which socs are best?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

well, you could start off by spelling 'societies' correctly in the heading ;)

Joking aside though, my advice would be to join 2 or 3 societies that you actually have a bit of an interest in. Whatever that may be.......film soc., rock climbing etc etc, you know, whatever, rather than the huge Arts/Science socs where you might not meet the same people from one day to the next.

That way, you'll also be more inclined to actively take part in them and you'll probably meet more like-minded people. All societies have a social element really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Arts Soc is a big society that (as far as i know) only does nights out etc. Join a small society (English Lit, Film, Drama, History) or a sports club and you might find it easier to meet people

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Joining the big societies is a waste of time if your looking to meet people. Surely you sahre an interest in with one of the many smaller groups in UCD?

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

goose2005 wrote: »
    Arts Soc is a big society that (as far as i know) only does nights out etc. Join a small society (English Lit, Film, Drama, History) or a sports club and you might find it easier to meet people
    Totally agree there. Sports clubs in particular are great for having the craic (read: pints) after training and such. You're bound to find something that fits your interests OP.

Advertisement