Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEAR?

Options
  • 23-01-2010 2:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

hi everyone just a quick question about the HEAR scheme how do you know if your school and area make you eligible for the scheme like how would i know if my school and area are part of it? thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

It's open to all schools as of this year afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

phasers wrote: »
    It's open to all schools as of this year afaik

Yep, that's my understanding too.

More information here ...

(sorry about pun! >_>)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 DR.ZOIDBERG

thanks everyone, anyone know if I would be eligible as socio economic group i cant seem to find it on the website neither of my parents went to college but my father is self employed?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I think your parents need to be earning less than 50,000 in a year(last year more specifically). You might need a medical card. I think no one in your family(mother.father,brother,sister) can't have gone to college. Theres a good few of those ''boxes'' that you need to have ''clicked''.

I'm not sure on those though. On the CAO site go to the HEAR thing there on your application page and see that for more information.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I think the socio economic thing is quite hard to understand. My dad is self employed, we don't have a medical card and my brothers were already in college when I spplied. We were obviously poor enough for al lthat to be overlooked! :pac:

If you think you may be eligible , as my guidance councellor said "Sure apply anyway, what harm can it do?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

Ask your career Guideance person

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

I think your parents need to be earning less than 50,000 in a year(last year more specifically). You might need a medical card. I think no one in your family(mother.father,brother,sister) can't have gone to college. Theres a good few of those ''boxes'' that you need to have ''clicked''.

I'm not sure on those though. On the CAO site go to the HEAR thing there on your application page and see that for more information.

It's actually 51,000 dual or 24,000 if single income

You need to meet 3 of the 6 check points, you can find the flyers here: http://www.accesscollege.ie/hear/info.php, but this one: http://www.accesscollege.ie/hear/includes/pdfs/hear_brochure.pdf, is most helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

speak with your guidance counselor

Advertisement