Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate cake receipe

Options
  • 23-01-2010 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Any one know where I can get a nice chocolate cake receipe for a 2 tier cake?
    Something not too rich/dark as it's for a christening cake

also and suggestions on a filling? I once had chocolate fudge cake that has a gooey centre but heavier than cream and melted in the mouth-is this ganache?

Total novice by the way!
    Ta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭susanroth

I love rich chocolate cake!! can't believe no one has any good recipes to share! Anyway i've been looking them up on the internet cause i'm really craving some plus there is a birthday coming up...
    and saw these
    http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/515034
    http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/517485
    http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/580772
    Maybe they are too rich for what you need though:P
    Ina garten, barefoot contessa made a three tier one on the food network channel awhile ago with buttercream icing and lit looked divine! Its probably on he website;)
    Good luck anyway, hopefully someone in the know will post:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

Just remembered i made a choc yule log over xmas and it had a lovely filling, mascarpone cheese, icing sugar and butter(i think) it was lovely with chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

My brother-in-law is a chef and he made his wedding cake. He used a really rich chocolate cake with an Apricot Jam & Brandy reduction between the split layers to break up the dense flavour. He then put a ganash around the sides and decorated the outside with white chocolate "straws" which were taller than the cake so when he poured in about a ton of fresh strawberries they acted like a sort of fence.

Total drool-out!!!

washiskin wrote: »
    My brother-in-law is a chef and he made his wedding cake. He used a really rich chocolate cake with an Apricot Jam & Brandy reduction between the split layers to break up the dense flavour. He then put a ganash around the sides and decorated the outside with white chocolate "straws" which were taller than the cake so when he poured in about a ton of fresh strawberries they acted like a sort of fence.

Total drool-out!!!
    Do you have any pics? would love to see that cake, my friend is getting married so would love to show her too!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

susanroth wrote: »
    Do you have any pics? would love to see that cake, my friend is getting married so would love to show her too!!!:D

susanroth the cake washiskin described would be the same idea as this:

http://www.sweeticingonthecake.com/assets/pics/chocolate_cakes/white_chocolate_curls.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Avocas chocolate orange cake, it's not two layers but you could easily make double and pop one on top of the other. It's melt in the mouth and not overly orangey. Ganache icing.

The one in the pic still has wet icing and I rushed it, I got too impatient coz it's so yummy but is just as tasty the day after so you could make it the day before and pop it in the fridge. Rich but not sickly a good quality choc. is important.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gaeilgebeo

Delicious filling : cream cheese and icing sugar with a dash of cointreau orange liquer and some melted good quality chocolate.

Advertisement