Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Achron - A new level of RTS.

Options
  • 23-01-2010 3:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭

http://achrongame.com/

I'm not going to sugar coat it. I think I'm old enough and experienced enough the "shiny" new game to know how to identify those that I gain a cheap thrill from and those that I see real potential from. Achron is one of the latter. An RTS you say, been there done that. One that includes time-travel as a fundamental game-play mechanic... Now you have me interested.

I've been following this game for quite a while now and now it is finally available for pre-order. The first 500 gain €10 off, so naturally, me being the impulse purchaser I am, I bought it.

I've played the tutorial now through and am about to mess around with the single player and all I can say is that it is all I dreamed and more.

The graphics are pretty awful, of that I can't emphasise enough but even the most simple of tactics involving time-travel add immense scope to an otherwise stagnant genre.

If you pre-order now then you gain access to current alpha build and any subsequent beta builds including the (hopefully) soon-to-be-released multiplayer beta build and the final game.

Personally I love it, I haven't enjoyed the challenge of an RTS as much since Starcraft and for me, that is saying something.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

The time travel is an interesting addition, watched a coupe of gameplay videos. The graphics really are terribly basic though :/

Advertisement